PDA

View Full Version : Queensland rego and ctp laws ????

sharky
15-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Can someone put it simply for me...I have been on the Gov. website but no clear answers...suprise suprise....
Rego...Do you need a yearly 'safety cert' test to renew it or is it one-off like here in Vic ??
CTP...Is it much different for bikes that can take a pillion compared to those that can't ?

ozkat
15-10-2006, 06:09 PM
no yeary inspections just pay your rego and away you go. also if you have a single seat mod plate ( easy to get done) your full rego cost will be halved. Im pretty sure i pay around $113 per 6 mths for rego inc CTP which is single seat rego.

ozkat
15-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey Sharky depending on where you are going to live i know a couple of blokes that do RWC/Safety certs that wont muck you around if you know what i mean ;)

jakam04
15-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Paid $350 for 12 months on a GSXR1100 in QLD. Was way better than I first thought when registering the beast in my name.

jakam

Wazid
17-12-2006, 08:52 AM
I'd love to get my bike single seat rego but they all want to cut the seat not a chance.

BTW I've got a vtr 250.

Gix11
17-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Bollox to that mate, just get a single seat cowling to cover the pillion seat and remove the rear foot pegs. The monkeys that do the inspection can't work out that another person could ever sit on the back and so let it through as a single seater. That's all that was done on mine at the time, although now it is a true single seater. Shayne did the same if I remember rightly.

http://www.mikeschinkel.com/Motorcycles/VTR250/VTR250-04.jpg

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/hondaz/VTR250198890.htm

http://hometown.aol.com/mwheele/vtr.htm

sharky
17-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Thats what I'm thinkin Si. I'll make a cover myself as I don't think they make for the z tailpiece....Unless I get a zedbutt and cut it up...

ozkat
17-12-2006, 05:27 PM
I actually made a single seat cover out of paper mache for my 95 GSXR1100 then threw it in the bin as soon as i got home. It passed thats all that mattered. And saved me about $200 per year.

Hillsy
17-12-2006, 09:56 PM
As far as single seat rego goes, the regs state you cant have any upholstery beyond 500MM from the front of the seat for solo seat compliance - so a "cover" over the existing seat technically won't pass (however, you may be able to find someone to turn a blind eye to this). Check this out:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=910

I pulled the vinyl and foam off of my ZX9 pillion seat to get it passed, and just left the seat base on the bike. No problems.

And yeah - I just got my rego renewal and it's under $200 (half price).

Wazid
18-12-2006, 03:16 AM
I should be more specific my bike is a 2005 vtr250 not the 89-90 vtr250 that the usa got. I could make cowl to go over it but I haven't got a clue as to where to start.

Gix11
18-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Get some High Density foam, remove your pillion seat, shape the foam to create an extension of your body work (i.e. a cowl), work out how it will mount, take said foam to a fibreglass master (maybe Shayne - Ozkat - on the Gold Coast, from this website) and get him to make your fibreglass cowl. That's just one option. There's shit loads more.

Wazid
28-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Kind of hard to remove the pillion seat seeing as the main and pillion seat are 1 seat see if i can find pic for ya help me explain it.

BOHEMION
28-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Wazid ya big goof! whats goin on! Dude get ur self a Ducati Monster Pillion seat cowl and shape to fit mate - Done!

Hillsy
28-12-2006, 06:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wazid

Kind of hard to remove the pillion seat seeing as the main and pillion seat are 1 seat see if i can find pic for ya help me explain it.

Like I said earlier, the regs state you cant have any upholstery after 500MM from the front of the seat. This means you have to chop your seat up if it's one seat for rider and pillion. Get another one from the wreckers and chop it up. Then you can put your normal seat back on when you get it rego'd.

BOHEMION
29-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Hillsy, the Duke Monster seats are the same 1 piece style. For them to become single seat all you gottd do is remove the pillion pegs and peg frames ( which require some sub frame work ) and then add the pillion seat cowl. Dozens of Monsters throughout QLD have passed as single seaters with this.