PDA

View Full Version : poetry in motion

Jockney Rebel
13-03-2009, 11:05 PM
my bro in englnad sent me this and ..well make up your own minds...

Three motorcycles are processing traffic, Briskly,smoothly,oh-so-efficiently.
No fast or slow lanes, no inside or outside lanes.
These are the bike lanes; that unmarked strip of tarmac that opens up when rythm,mathmatics and impeccable timing come together, funny, engaging in something others would consider stupidly dangerous,
when riding apparently closer to death than any Vauxhall Coma driver could believe, three blokes making progress feel more alive than ever. You want freedom? This is freedom,
To the in-car-video on traffic plods dashboard it must look like madness.
Anarchic,chaotic,suicidal. But as you and i know , you have to be there, on board, to appreciate just how safe and poetic this is.

Docktor
14-03-2009, 12:26 AM
i think ur bro likes takin drugs ?

gibbo
14-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Well, he does live in England.....

Weaselman
14-03-2009, 11:47 AM
they take pleasure where they can get it seeing as they aint in australia

Jockney Rebel
14-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah say that once you ve earned your living ,riding in London..the car drivers usually move over to let you through as most of them ride a bike . lol
And this is the reason the cops in Europe arent as anal as the ones here ..mainly cos they ve got better things to do than chase us ...

JackTar
14-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Of course they have better things to do Jim, takes a lot longer to arrest criminals when they are far better armed than you are.

Jockney Rebel
14-03-2009, 01:47 PM
true but we have less gun crime than anyone else..[bombs,anti tank missles,landmines mortars? yes ...but guns no]

anyway i dont wanna get into a debate about it ...ive ridden through traffic this way for years but then most of it is stationary

When you have 3million cars going in and out of London .a city the size of Sydney but with a population of 11million, every day ..it becomes neccesary to lane filter and in general the cops see that as such [common sense really ] i admit if your riding like a twat you deserve to get nicked but thats not what were talking about here, not extremes but merely progress...and a bit of driver education ...
slightly off the point .today i was forced out of my lane by a loonie driving a 4x4 towing a trailer overtaking me on the inside on a freeway whilst i was overtalking a truck ..i was driving my work ute at that time ..and he had his kids in it .now thats madness

JackTar
14-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Not madness mate, Sydney. I have lived and worked there for most of my working life, it is hard work driving every one else's cars whilst you are riding your own bike. Don't get me wrong Canberra is absolutely chock full of retarded drivers (without even mentioning it is a fly infested shit-hole stuck in 1972) however there are no where near as many drivers to worry about here.