PDA

View Full Version : Special Goddon 1000cc V-Twin

WATEVR
12-03-2009, 01:40 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/107290831520992.jpg

Veteran dirt tracker thrills the crowds on V-twin special

The roar of a special Godden 1000cc V-twin ridden by the great Chris Watson brought dirt-track crowds to their feet at Muswellbrook last weekend.

The one-off bike, build by Kenny Russell, is a weapon, especially with Watto on board. Watto holds over 120-odd titles in track racing.

Kenny Russell succumbed to cancer last year after building the bike, and unfortunately never had the opportunity to see it ridden.

Watson gave the bike its debut, and rode like he’d not even left the sport after retiring a few years back. The first race was a cracker, with Rowan Tungate on a 650 Triumph throwing everything he had at Chris. With the experienced and still hugely talented Chris not holding back at all, he stirred the crowd into a frenzy.

There are two more long track meetings soon – March 21 at Gunnedah and April 11 at Tamworth – as well as the Casey Stoner Cup on March 15 at Kurri Kurri.

Words and photos: Trevor Harvey (Sandy Harvesta Fotohound)

Not a bad bit of gear at all i dont think[8D]

Iceman
12-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Fuck, I stayed in Aberdeen last Saturday night, if I knew that was on I would've gone for a look.

zx12argh
12-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Thats impressive - got any bigger shots? That engine looks like a serious piece of work.

Bear
12-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Dammit! They almost beat me to my dream creation - I have a few old long stroke 4-valve Jawa engines in storage back home. ;)

That thing would have some serious torque.

Tony OW31
12-03-2009, 09:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bear

Dammit! They almost beat me to my dream creation - I have a few old long stroke 4-valve Jawa engines in storage back home. ;)

They the ones with a total loss oil system? could be a bit problematic for a road bike[:p]

WATEVR
13-03-2009, 09:48 AM
no idont have any other shots i pinched it from an article on the ADB website..

i used to have a VW that ran the same total loss oil function also!!

Bear
14-03-2009, 04:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony OW31

quote:Originally posted by Bear

They the ones with a total loss oil system? could be a bit problematic for a road bike[:p]

There are ways and means. They still run an oil pump. :D