PDA

View Full Version : quick carb sync question?

dingo
12-03-2009, 12:14 PM
just redone the carbs again and used a vernier to do the oldskool sync before i put em back on, made a nanometer thingo and fired it up , run like a bag o shit, had to give it throttle to start , wouldnt start with the choke, i set the pilots on 1 1/4 as to the spec , i put new Orings in the pilots however they wernt as snug fit as the originals, when i hooked up the nanno it sucked the shit out of the oil of the meter in pots 1 and 2 , so , could the vernier sync be that far out and am i correct to think if i slightly screw the sync screws out a tad it will drop the vacume in those pots? , i just put a new cam chain in too , i checked it over several times and im sure that ends ok. hope this makes sense O_0

dingo
12-03-2009, 01:31 PM
disregard or delete this topic, got it semi sorted out , was lookin good then i give it a good rev and got showered in hot oil , the left hand oil line from the cooler burst:( never ending

OZ750L
12-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Dingo,

If yoou can't find one, I might have one in the shed. Sorry to sound like a broken record but won't be home til the 28th. If you still need it then I can have a look.

dingo
12-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi OZ , all good, i gave my old straight cooler and lines to scotty-mac, but they are held together with hose clamps,lol ,gunna pull em off tonite and give em to a mate at a hydraulic joint and get him to fit a full hose line between both ends, run it down the front of the frame? should be ok with the heat. got most of the bits to start to fighter it but i have to get it into the deptartmet of transport so they can view it to change the rego details.