PDA

View Full Version : need a favour from u lot back home

Jockney Rebel
10-03-2009, 09:19 PM
right heres the thing ...my sis back in blighty is getting a bit of greif from her local bike shops being patronising etc etc
shes just starting out on her first bike shes 36 and not daft lives in kent so im looking for any female bikers down that way that can give her advice and steer her in the right direction ive been away too long most of my contacts ave moved on ..so shes looking to buy a bike but not a 125 can she still do direct access? on 500?say a GS or something?

HOS
11-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Same most places with regards to the sexist shit that women get in bike shops, sends my lady thermo nuclear mad.
My ladys better with taking cars and bikes apart and rebuilding em than 90% of blokes I know !!
Still doesnt save her from some saleschildren throwing her cheap sexist comments.
Worst of all by a very long margin..... Harley shops.... way out in front for the dinosuar mindset towards women bikers.

BTW..... she would be best taking her Direct Access on a 500cc bike then she can ride what she likes.
500 bikes are easier to ride than pokey 125s I reckon.

Do`nt know any good bike shops down south though, I`m midlands area.

Jockney Rebel
11-03-2009, 12:40 AM
cheers hos mate ive got the old shop i used to work for inBow east london but they just do secondhand stuff ..i just thot theyd be trying there best to shift stuff seein as there in a reccesion wankers

HOS
11-03-2009, 12:41 AM
You can get a full weekend direct access course with most schools and they hire you a bike and gear if you need it :)

The training schools are pretty damned cool with women who want to take the bike test.

No need to buy your own bike to take the test ! Not a bad thing sometimes.

The choice of 500cc bikes is pretty dire, so not many stay with them before moving up to a 600/650 or bigger.

HOS
11-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Best way forward for your friend will be to ring round the local bike training schools, they are ultra helpful ! [8D]

The laws always chagning about the bike test and the rules for learners, its hard to keep up man ! ;)

HOS
11-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Best starting place to find out current learner law and what the Direct access involves... The DSA is THE test and standards authority in the UK.

http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Bikes.asp

hyside
12-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Who did you work for in Bow Jockney? I worked around the E.London and Essex bike trade between 88-2000.
If your sister will travel I can recommend two shops owned by friends of mine.
Woodford Motorcycles in South woodford E18 and Hyside Motorcycles in Collier row Essex

Jockney Rebel
12-03-2009, 06:32 PM
hos ;shes found a school inkent thats cool
hyside i worked at mikes bikes[aka riverbank m/cs] we used to hire CB1s and Super fours to couriers ,owned by jon and ian,i also worked for SOS recovery

HOS
12-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Its a pleasure mate, its always useful having a coupe of mates over this side of the world if you need some help ;)
:)

Jockney Rebel
12-03-2009, 06:56 PM
thanks mate never know when there gonna deport me[ mind you they let billy connoly stay so i should be ok] lol

HOS
12-03-2009, 07:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

thanks mate never know when there gonna deport me[ mind you they let billy connoly stay so i should be ok] lol

You`d have to be seeking asylum for them to let you back in mate ! :D:D