PDA

View Full Version : More electrical woes :(

Docktor
09-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Ok. Wiring in a led for my water injection. All works tops but when (its negative switched) the microswitch is off the led stays lit and the injection pump stays running

tried it with a normal globe and it works fine, on = on light and water. off = off water and light.....

Somehow the led is making the circuit stay live even with the earth lead removed. ( i can fire the led up with just a positive lead).

My question is can i use a diode somehow to fix this problem or is there like ghosts and some scary shit goin on ?

fimpBIKES
09-03-2009, 08:26 PM
led's are diodes (light emitting diodes in fact)

that sounds wierd, like the circuit is flowing backwards through the LED and grounding?

Docktor
09-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Yep, but it still lights when it has no earth. now thats fucked everything i thought i knew about electrical..... am gunna grab a coupla one way diodes from dse tomorrow and have a play..
the only way i can make it stop lighting by just the + wire is to touch + to the earth wire and then it turns back into a normal light needing bot + and - to light up.....

Stocky
10-03-2009, 11:04 AM
If a LED has 2V or more applied to it then it has almost no resistance.

It sounds like it is providing the earth for the system through the LED.

A normal bulb won't do it as it has too much resistance

Docktor
10-03-2009, 02:00 PM
yup, the led is a stand alone circuit. no outside earths at all and it still stays on. i got me a handful of stuff from dse and i will see what happens right now.

Docktor
14-03-2009, 07:51 PM
fixed i r switchin positive now and all gooderer