PDA

View Full Version : DELTABOX 500 'Fighter

madmaxman1986
12-10-2006, 12:39 AM
'ello again mates.(can I say that if I'm not from down under?)
My brain has conjured up yet another insane idea for a law-breaking, corner-carving, fun-as-hell superbike.
Here's the plan:
1. Take a stiff, Deltabox frame,
2. put a smooth,built-up, torque-monster Honda 500 single in it,
3. put a upsideown front end with a STICKY tire on it,
4. ...and a wide swingarm and a STICKY tire.

All of the suspension and geometry will be an engineering project for me in calculating forces, stresses, breaking points, shear stresses, moments of inertia, centriods and the center of mass studies for the entire bike. (Which WILL weigh in 50/50!)
I'm an engineering student so this will be good practice for my statics math in my final year in school.

Through the whole project I will take weight into mind, keeping the whole bike (minus rider and fluids) under 300 Lbs.(136 Kg)

I will rebuild the engine myself, bump-up the compression, use a racing carb (mikuni, keihin Flatslide, etc?) and hope that the sucker pushes in excess of 60 Hp (45Kw) on race fuel, which it should. They do the same thing for dirt flattrack bikes!:D

Think it's feasable??????????????
-cale

Deano
12-10-2006, 05:14 PM
anything is possible just don't complain when parts fall off from the vibration of the huge single.

good luck

madmaxman1986
13-10-2006, 03:22 AM
This post is...
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/85876473147534.jpg
[xx(]
C'mon, 80Hp in a bike that's just tire and engine?

Booster
13-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Which Deltabox? fzr 400 would be a nice start!
I have seen a yzf450 and a Sachs(or something similar)650 2 stroke in rs125 chassis, needed a good headbrace to stop unwanted vibrations on both.

Gix11
13-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Nice stoppie. I think the rule of thumb should be "If you can see the front light beam on the road directly under your bike, you fucked up".

fimpBIKES
13-10-2006, 12:53 PM
sounds like a plan

if u need help with any calcs let me know ;)

madmaxman1986
14-10-2006, 12:56 AM
I bought a FZR600 frame for $10.00 USD. I might make the engine a stressed member since it's so small and light, versus the original 4 cyl. that sat on frame rails
I'll measure the distace between the frame where the swingarm mounts an begin searching the local salvage yard for any swingarm that will fit the widest possible rear tire.

I'll use triangle braces everywhere so it stiffens it up too.

I'll post some pics of mock-ups when I can. It just got DAMN cold here in Minnesota. Something like 34 (degrees F) with ALOT OF WIND. Wind is the worst, feels like it's 0 outside.
But it actually should warm up again before the snow stays on the ground.