PDA

View Full Version : My 95 GSXR1100

jakam04
10-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Hey guys,

New to the forum and thought Id post a pic of my bike I got about a month or so ago.. Lotsa plans but stuff all money...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/jakam04/PIC000138.jpg

jakam :)

03gixxerpilot
10-10-2006, 04:24 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum

what plans do you have for it ( we can all dream can't we )

jakam04
10-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Hey there mate,

Have a few different ideas..

1. Paint it gloss black with a Slight Purple Pearl with a touch of silver pearl flames licking across the screen, tank and fairing.

2. Take front fairing off, replace headlights with twin naked bulbs with a wind deflector on top. Replace the stock 4-2 with an arkopovic or equivalent 4-1 system. drop airbox off and go singular pods. Might replace the rear seating with a rear end off a GSXR1000 or so.

With both ideas, I need to polish swing arm, frame and outer edges of both wheels. The inner part of the wheel will be painted black.

Any other ideas are welcome lol...

jarrod

Tony Nitrous
10-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi Mate,

Glad you found the site.

Between these Guys and "OldSkool" you will find all you need to know.

Catch up on another ride or Friday night soon.

Tony.J.

alfiestorm
10-10-2006, 10:07 PM
You might be interested in this on fleabay if your thinking about putting pod filters on. It says post world wide on it. :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&item=120038807644&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

And heres some ideas for tuning
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2548

Matt
11-10-2006, 06:52 AM
Welcome Jarrod. the opportuniyies for customising that thing are endless. you will have fun with it.

jakam04
30-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Well, Ive taken off the bottom fairing and the little plastics that protect the frame.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/jakam04/Image049.jpg

Am buying a headlight assembly the same as PT placed on his. Cheap and nasty, but within my current budget. Replace a few indicators with smaller carbon look ones and eventually get the risers and fatbar soon enough. Also going to polish the rear grab rail which will set the polished metal look as a whole

Jarrod

Rocket
30-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Good job taking the air box cover thingy off. Plastic piece of crap.
Does it look allright without the grabrail though ?
From the pic, it messes up the balance from front to rear.
i guess it won't matter once you've put the tail on.

Things I learnt from doing the tail conversion.
1, it looks fucking shit hot.
2, the tail looks really really wide but only looks a little wide when you put it on.
3, I managed to find places to hide all the wiring out of the original tail without having to chop up the harness.
4, the tail light plugs right in. The blinkers need to be chopped and joined.
5, it looks fucking shit hot
6, if you're cutting off and fitting the K model subframe instead of adapting yours to take bodywork, get the undertray for the GSXRthou as well. It fits.
7, I made my seat lock fit in the K series undertray and with just a hole and a 6mm ally cap screw, it looks good and works.
8, i bought a K series cable for above seat lock and never fitted it, which i'm sure will bite me in the arse soon.
9, it looks fucking shit hot
10, it looks fucking shit hot
11, ummm... that's it.

and bugger me if your subframe isn't a bolt on job instead of welded on like my 92 !
Might be even easier to do a conversion!

Gsxar
30-10-2006, 08:21 PM
When I had a grab rail I was all set to polish it. Until I saw one and I didnt like it at all [:(. So maybe look around and find a pic of 1 to make sure u like it.

jakam04
30-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Its pretty much going to be a temporary fix. Im wanting to replace the whole end for a GSXR1000 arse end or maybe an R1 Arse end. Its just to spread the polished allow around.

Drop me a line if you need plastics lmao... going for a good price.

Jarrod

jakam04
06-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Took off my front fairing today but am still waiting for my new headlight assembly. Just need to make a bracket to fit indicators back on temporarily.. Hopefully I wont get busted for no mirrors lol..

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/jakam04/Image062_small.jpg

Jarrod

jakam04
06-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Quick question guys,

If I go get one of these replacement yokes with the risers attached or drill at attach the yoke risers onto my top yoke, do I have to raise the top two yokes up the front forks or is there meant to be an overlap at the top of the fork stems?

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/jakam04/Image063_edited.jpg

Jarrod

alfiestorm
06-11-2006, 07:52 PM
It looks to me that the previous owner has lowered the triple clamp down the forks to quicken up the steering. According to my work shop book the top of the fork should be level with the top of the clipons.
Putting them back to standard will put the steering back to factory setup and make it a lot less twitchy and more stable through the bends as for lowering the fork down through the clamp this will have the effect of slowing down the steering and requireing a more physical input from you when thrashing it round the bends and it will be less willing to change direction as quick.
Although the effect of having higher and wider handle bars may in fact make it less noticable as you will have more leverage due to the wider handle bars.

:)

jakam04
06-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Am thinking Im going to need a switched on person to help me set my bikes suspension up properly. Im about 105kgs and 6"3. For all I know, my bikes probably set up for a 78 kg screamer lol...

Jarrod

p.s. thanks for your advice alfiestorm

06-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Alfie is on the money mate,the forks should be level with ya clip-ons as standard.The reason people drop em is to quicken the steering.Bar risers come in various sizes which will suit your bike without having to drop the forks down thru the clamps,as do the replacement yolks such as those on Austreetfighter.MPE can help you set up your bike properly for your weight.