PDA

View Full Version : Relocating radiators on Firestorm

sen
07-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Bought a 97 storm. Plastic is fucked, but mechanically it's solid.

I want to strip the plastics, but i've read a lot about the radiators needing to be moved to the front for airflow reasons because you lose the airflow of the fairings forcing air into them.

I've found pics online etc, but no help on actually doing it.

Anyone done this? Is it just a matter of moving them and getting longer hoses, or am I going to have to get a different radiator and re-route everything to suit a single front rad instead of the dual side ones?

Or anyone in Sydney that you can recommend to do this for me?

miniman1
07-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Havent seen anyone thats done it before, but I imagine it'd be reasonably straight forward to do it either way.

Either way im pretty sure all u'd need is to get hoses to suit nd make up some mounts for whichever u decide.
But I could be wrong???

fimpBIKES
07-03-2009, 04:28 PM
was that the cheap storm at motorcycle disposals?

how is the engine? looked pretty hammered in the photos.... (if its that one that is)

timbo
07-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Someone on here has done it but i cant remember who
I think it was a vic member if that helps

Weaselman
07-03-2009, 04:51 PM
id look at a front mount off another bike and see if you could make that fit

suxukifreak
07-03-2009, 04:53 PM
This is from last years fools run...

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/17695428586039.jpg

Cruisecontrol
07-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Nudie is the man to speak to. He awesomed up his VTR and has a front mounted rad.

Nudie
08-03-2009, 07:22 PM
I got mine from Hyperflow in Wollongong. I took the right side one to them to get the inlet/outlet points and mounts moved. But they wouldn't guarantee the integrity of the original welding/soldering. So they made a new one to my needs for $400.
I had to mount it up as high as it would go to clear the front wheel, but there is no room for a fan. It gets hot if you sit in traffic or just idle along, so lane splitting and giving it the berries is mandatory!