PDA

View Full Version : GSXR1100 swingarm advice

jakam04
10-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Hey there,

Im new to this forum but have heard you guys know whats worth knowing from a mate by the name of Tony (tony nitrous).

I have a 95 model GSXR1100 which im considering doing up a little. I have found a 93 model swingarm that I was considering buying and getting polished up and putting on my beast. Only issue is that will a 93 model swing arm fit mine. They look identical as they both have the extra bracing arm.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jarrod

Matt
10-10-2006, 11:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by jakam04

a mate by the name of Tony (tony nitrous).

Tony has mates????? :D:D

Hi mate, lots of stuff to learn over here, its a great site. Sorry I can't help you on this one but I'm sure someone will.

Matt

Deano
10-10-2006, 12:51 PM
if they are both overbraced swingarms then they should be a bolt in fit.

the only thing that changed on the W/cooled models as far as swingarm is concerned is the axle diameter. the 92 model (unbraced swinger) has a small swingarm bolt dia (same as slingshot) whereas the overbraced arm is a much larger swingarm bolt dia. if you have both overbraced arms then you should be fine to swap over with no real fuss

jakam04
10-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Awesome... thankf or your help. Now all I need to do is convince the boss that I need to buy this swingarm lmao... easier said than done. I wanted to polish the new swing arm so I can put it on my bike. Eventually I want to polish frame and outer edges of rims... Much later, off goes front fairing and on goes the twin naked variety lights...

Jakam

Gix11
10-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Hey Jarrod, welcome aboard mate. That Tony will have you pulling your bike apart a lot faster than you can imagine mate. In fact, are you sure he's not at it himself right now?

jakam04
10-10-2006, 03:38 PM
Just had a look in the garage as heard a funny noise while on puter... Luckily, no... Thanks for the welcome. Guess I should post a "Hi there" message to introduce myself..

jarrod

Zed14
14-10-2006, 05:30 AM
get rid of the boss then you can do anything you like. i hear large is looking for a new partner and he wont stop you from buying bike stuff. and they dont call him large cause hes fat.

jakam04
14-10-2006, 08:56 AM
LMAO... nah, actually my boss is a hell of a lot more understanding that my previous one lol... We are just trudging along on one wage so money is a tad tight.. so shes doing good to prevent me going and spending on an impulse spree..

jakam