PDA

View Full Version : Belly Pans- Hot or Not?

Slingblade
09-10-2006, 10:45 PM
I thought i would post a few topics to discuss Streetfighter customisation and what makes a real Aussie fighter.

We have read about the british fighters in the mags for years and we have all seen the german and euro interpretations.

So what does the growing Australian fighter community think about current fighter trends and what do we want on our Aussie fighters?

I realise these topics will have been touched on in the past and people will have their own opinions that they feel strongly about. The aim is to have a series of yea or nay topics and for people to put across the reasons they chose as they did.

In other words there is no right and wrong. We can simply see we have more yes than no votes or vice versa.

No fence sitting ladies and gents. Yes or no only. If you are undecided either dont vote or make a decision and then give your arguments for and against.

In the end we will have a bit of an insight into what makes an AUSSIE Streetfighter!

If most users think this is a lame or stupid idea dont reply and i will take the hint and not post up any more. Alternatively if you think of a topic you think should be included, let me know.

So here goes.

Bellypans. Love 'em or hate 'em? Are they cool or just extra weight???

Gix11
10-10-2006, 12:17 AM
That all depends on the style of your bike mate. If you have a butt ugly exhaust can or a water cooler to balance out, or even a really high tail piece they work a treat. It's all about lines and gives more weight to the front to make it more agressive. I personally don't have one and don't crave one on my current bike.

03gixxerpilot
10-10-2006, 12:57 AM
Ok simply............................................ ............NO!

Tone
10-10-2006, 06:04 AM
Tough this!
I say not hot...but everytime I see that blue and yellow chequer flag Bandit in that Streetfighter "special edition" I think "Fuck that looks good!"

latheboy
10-10-2006, 08:33 AM
well im no expert but i think bellypans are "gay as aids"

Razorback
10-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Some look good others look crap.... seems to depend on the bike and the style. I dont really know if I like one till I see it.

Gix11
10-10-2006, 02:57 PM
See, in this situation I think it looks great:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9441/normalgo20neu05sn5.jpg

Slingblade
10-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Be decisive fellas. Give a yes or no. Then you can give your reasons for and against. Just because you vote no, does not mean you cant go on and explain certain bikes you have liked it on. It is about what you want on YOUR bike. If we have no definitive YES or NO answers we have no results.

Its just a bit of fun. Nobody will be asked to explain their answers on the FOOLS RUN!!!!

Slingblade
10-10-2006, 04:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

well im no expert but i think bellypans are "gay as aids"

This is a good example of a definate NO....

LMAO. Nice Latheboy.

Slingblade
10-10-2006, 04:56 PM
I am a NO.

I do agree it can give certain bikes much needed 'bulk' but i like the look of a nice set of headers.

Thanks for the good replys fellas. I figure if we get a decent number of answers, we can do one a week.

suxukifreak
10-10-2006, 05:36 PM
NO WAY!! Too much trouble with speedbumps.

Iceman
10-10-2006, 05:49 PM
I originally had planned to buy one for the GS, just to give the front a little more bulk, but now the turbo will be taking up alot of that space.

fimpBIKES
10-10-2006, 05:59 PM
i think "yes" new-school water cooled fighters (e.g. my TLR)

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/34757652112726.JPG

cos u have a big GAP at the bottom once you follow the line down from the radiator, and a belly pan fills this
adds visual mass to the front of the bike

plus i love the "big hunk-o-motorcycle" look with a little tail and rear wheel hangin' out the back

but on the katana NO WAY
but then again everyone knows the only way to improve the looks of a kat is to remove the screen [^]

and i think we all know how rexie feels about bellypans [B)]

BOHEMION
10-10-2006, 06:18 PM
I rekon Belly pans have givin my bikes ( Factory Nakeds ) a much more sharper look - plus i got bored with the bare belly showing all the time, needed to be dif. Though I have to admit - If I was going to build like a 1990-93 gixer fighter i wouldnt pan it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/BOHEMION/Z-SAFE3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/BOHEMION/Duke1.jpg

Tony Nitrous
10-10-2006, 06:26 PM
YES

...but only if it suits the bike or the effect your after.

Im using one similar to this...
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1620/gsgbellypanhayabusanr9.jpg
I want to make the central mass look larger and lower,
whilst making the tail look smaller and higher.

Tony.J.

papa smurf
10-10-2006, 08:05 PM
NO, can you imagine a bellypan on my old GS[xx(][xx(]

ozkat
10-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Bit like G-Bangers really.... you either like them or not. :D

papa smurf
10-10-2006, 08:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

Bit like G-Bangers really.... you either like them or not. :D

And it REALLY depends what there on[:0]

fimpBIKES
10-10-2006, 10:51 PM
amen!!!

dane_ra
11-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Yes, but obviously depending on the bike. If you throw a whole lot of bits together that look good on their own but don't work together or have the right lines, then you haven't achieved anything.

My idea of a great looking fighter is something thats a little bit mongrel, with a different look than when it rolled out of the factory, and if a bellypan can give you that look, then great.

If we had set rules on what a fighter should be, or look like, we'd all be bored shitless and ride bikes that looked the same!

dane_ra
11-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Oh, and great idea Boris, gets the ideas and opinions happening

Hillsy
11-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Don't like 'em myself, but as most people have said I'd have to agree they can add to the look for some fighters.
As a general rule of thumb, I'm more into taking as much off the donor bike as possible, not adding stuff.....

fimpBIKES
11-10-2006, 04:57 PM
lets see some "right" and "wrong" pics?!?!?!

great topic btw

Slingblade
11-10-2006, 05:43 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/47818922670919.jpg

OK then fimp.

See this for example is a great looking bike. But i think the bellypan is overkill. This bike doesnt need more bulk with a front end like that.

Tony Nitrous
11-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Belly pan looks fine.
Exhaust, Mirror and bar end indicators look a bit crap.
See... all in the eye of the beholder ;)

Tony.J.

cammy9r
11-10-2006, 08:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Boris_the_Blade

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/47818922670919.jpg

OK then fimp.

See this for example is a great looking bike. But i think the bellypan is overkill. This bike doesnt need more bulk with a front end like that.

You think the belly pan is overkill :D

I would have to say yes to the bellypans. Personally i feel my bike looks unfinished with out it. But i suppose some of the air/oil cooled bikes might not need them.

fimpBIKES
11-10-2006, 10:20 PM
looking at that bike boris i would have thought that the exhaust was a pretty major feature

would have left it belly-less

and im guessing he REALLY likes eggs :D

madmaxman1986
12-10-2006, 12:50 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/649650078164513.JPG
[u][u]YES...</u></u> I agree with the large center of mass comment from earlier and the small tail sticking in the air. I like small headlights too. Makes the front end look wider and the wheel looks bigger.

madmaxman1986
12-10-2006, 12:52 AM
But then again, I may just take mine off if I can't figure out how to attach it solid enough...I like those brown titanium header pipes too!

NakedTurboBusa
15-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Im currently making one for my bike cause the cops fucking hate my turbo hanging out the side.... propeller plate of course!

If it works... your choice&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;.

Smokey74
17-10-2006, 12:34 AM
I'd have to go with yes.. There are exceptions, but in most cases I like the look. I'm still working on one for my bike but I just can't find exactly what I'm looking for. It may end up being custom made before I'm happy.