PDA

View Full Version : Points dodging???

BillyWhizz888
25-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Is this worth a try…

junk mail doing the rounds....

Just thought I would share this with you, as you know I work in the speeding fine department in Brisbane's Magistrate's Court and in the course of my investigation into 'fines, their payment methods and how points are automatically added against drivers licences' we discovered something very interesting 'If You Get a Speeding Fine.' This has been tried and it works.

I have tried to send this to everyone I know. I know for a fact that it works so if you ever get in this situation, you have an out. We discovered that this procedure works nationwide. Read it and try it, you have nothing to lose but the points on your licence.

This is how it works:

If you get a speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, and you are going to get points on your licence, then there is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get any points. When you get your fine, send in the cheque to pay for it and if the fine is say, $140, then make the cheque out for $141 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then
have to send you back a cheque for the difference, but here is the trick!

**DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHEQUE!!!** Throw it away!! Points are not assessed to your licence until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not cash the cheque then the transactions are NOT complete.
However, the system has got its money and is happy and will not bother you any more. This information came to our attention from a very reliable computer company that sets up the standard database used by each county's computing system.

Seifer
25-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Sorry champ, doesn't work. The idea has been doing the rounds for a decade now.
http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp

opindown
25-02-2009, 09:36 AM
not worth it, i tried it and i never got a checque back and i still got the points.
This dont work

Bear
25-02-2009, 11:06 AM
"used by each county's computing system."

That there is the give-away - we don't have Counties in Australia.
Possibly in reference to America or the UK?

Seifer
25-02-2009, 12:09 PM
In the mean time, state organisations are racking up extra's in fines cause everyone is sendiing an extra one or two bucks at a time. Genius.

zx12argh
25-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Nah - they just credit it towards your next fine ;)

Seifer
25-02-2009, 05:10 PM
In that case I love that the system is geared towards recommiting a crime. It's like I have to speeed now so I can get the $2 back.

Jockney Rebel
25-02-2009, 06:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bear

"used by each county's computing system."

That there is the give-away - we don't have Counties in Australia.
Possibly in reference to America or the UK?

gotta be america we dont have 'bucks' inthe uk

chopaweeza
26-02-2009, 04:23 AM
That used to work when they issued the old style infringements . Well , for awhile anyway . Then they started sending the cheque back as it wasn't for the correct amount and then slugging you a fee for doing it . About a dozen years ago they just started crediting you against future infringements . There are a few ways to dodge the points but even these are closing off . The most common is the "Marcus Einfeld" where you get a foreign friend to write a letter saying they were the driver/rider on the day in question and you do a Stat Dec as well. But now they often ask you to prove the foreigner was in the country at the time . My cousin Pik was out here last year on holidays , was legitimately driving my car when he go zapped by the speed camera at Bankstown and I had to prove he was in the country to get him done for it instead of loosing my license . Got off and he paid the fine (48kph over on a speed camera) but they didn't make it easy