PDA

View Full Version : Bike Stands

Slingblade
04-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Ok Kiddies,

I some info and opinions on paddock stands. I want a rear for my blade but it doesnt have a mount for stand bobbins. Is it ok to drill and tap a set into the rear swinger or am i better off with a universal stand? I have never bothered with one before but after seeing a mate use one to lube his chain i wondered why i hadnt got one years ago. There is a mob on ebay selling them from the central coast, they look ok to me, just wondered if anyone has one from them and if its any good.

cheers

Gix11
04-10-2006, 02:44 PM
I have one that Rexie made. I don't know if he is still doing them but they were top quality for the price. Ask him. I wouldn't go drilling and tapping your swinarm mate as it's not thick enough metal to hold a bobbin. You'd need to weld a lug on especially. Best off just getting a universal L channel stand mate.

Brookesy
04-10-2006, 03:20 PM
It's not hard to make a stand if you can weld.
I made a stand for my 750 Shadow (sorry about the swearing i realise you're all sensitive to cr#*$er talk)

The critical thing is to get the height right. Too high and it's hard to get the bike up on the stand. Too low and ... well i guess that's obvious.

The one i made was from an old kitchen chair, cut up and welded. Not pretty, but neither am i. Different style of stand (lifts under frame) but with a bit of thought it's do-able.

But of course, universal stands will work with future bikes... i had to bin my stand when i sold the cr#*$er.

Slingblade
04-10-2006, 05:55 PM
christ, i havent welded since i was at tech, years ago. I would love to be able to weld well though. Put it on the 'gunna' list.

I think you fellas are right. I will pick myself up a universal stand. I dunno about the ebay ones, might be better off paying the extra for and anderson or sharp racing.

pt
04-10-2006, 07:33 PM
i got mine off ebay except it is a bobbin one. it works ok so i can't complain.

Booster
04-10-2006, 08:46 PM
I have the ebay stands , as good as the known brands, maybe a little heavier. Try Rexie first though,what goes around comes around ;)

ozkat
04-10-2006, 09:12 PM
i have one of Rexies stands, best stand ive ever owned. (only one ive ever owned)

Slingblade
04-10-2006, 09:13 PM
PM to Rexie.

Tone
05-10-2006, 06:00 AM
Yeah Boris,I've got one of the Mental Coast stands...works fine,no problems.Cost $100.

Slingblade
05-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Rexie hasnt got any at the minute so i might go for one of them. a hundred sounds good to me.

Tone
05-10-2006, 08:27 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/65074536111374.jpg
This is the bugger Boris...from memory,$112 and I picked it up somewhere near Wyong, on Tuggerah lake, near the fishing co-op.

Slingblade
05-10-2006, 08:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260037946386&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:AU:1

I was looking at one of these.

05-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Rexie doesnt make them anymore,he's too busy. The boys from the C Coast who make these stands are the webmasters of Cunningstunts.com.au .
Tone that fishing co-op would be at Tuggerawong...(skool prawns $9/kilo).
the genuine article should only cost you $140 from a bike shop Boris.Frasers should have em in stock so go and harrass the Mad bloke behind the counter.