PDA

View Full Version : My KZ750 Twin

Jaded
16-02-2009, 08:16 PM
I pondered about whether to post this here as it's not a streetfighter, however after going to Spencer of APWR in Brookvale to spray the tank and side covers, I thought he did such a great job that I'd show you all!

Firstly, this is how I bought the bike from eBay recently

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/retrozedual/myLTD750017.jpg

I didnt really have a overall plan for the bike apart from making each little bit how I wanted it, keeping in mind that its not garaged and will be used regularly. I wanted a tidy road bike, not a showpiece collectable dust collector. So the first thing I changed was the 'bars. I picked something a little lower and a fair bit wider. I changed the headlight which went from a side mount to a bottom mount, changed the indicators front and rear, relocated the wiring to under the tank (and got rid of heaps of surplus wires that were there for some unknown reason), changed the brakelight, cut about 5 inches from the top of the rear fender and then rotated it upwards and relocated the brakelight/numberplate bracket. POlished the alloy engine cases and front and rear wheels. The this week I had the tank and siode covers painted. I didnt really want to go over the top, just clean and simple.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/retrozedual/paint016.jpg

Next on the list are some new tyres and some exhaust wrap for the headers, a blue slip, rego and a bloody long ride.

Gix11
16-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Well hello Popcorn. I've haven't heard from you since Shayne bought your katana a few year's back. That bike has been passed on about 100 times since! I haven't seen an LTD in years and this ones in pretty good nick. Not really my cup of tea but you definitely got the best out of it mate, looks heaps better.

BANDITROD
16-02-2009, 08:25 PM
that looks great and its good to see someone choping at an older bike rather than letting it gather dust mate

papa smurf
16-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Nice work.
Those old girls are great on a nice long ride.;)

Jaded
17-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks guys. I have been lurking here regularly for the last couple of years but never really have too much to add, but I enjoy seeing the bikes everyone makes and reading the banter.

I want to change the seat to something that suits the shape of the bike better, but I will need somewhere for the missus and kids to sit occasionally. Anyone have any ideas?

17-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Love the white walls

Harry
18-02-2009, 11:01 PM
thats a nice old thing mate...i can remember em comin out new ! scary.good to see the old stuff shine'in :)

chopaweeza
21-02-2009, 02:26 PM
I have the exact same model in my loungeroom. But , Mine is slowly becoming a Brat .

LKC73
21-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Man that looks killer! Nice job, looks like you gave the engine a good cleaning also.

As for posting anything on this forum, these guys are open to alot of different bikes, which is great and very different to alot of them larger, other forums I did read and use! (thank god I dont anymore)

Jaded
05-06-2009, 04:44 PM
More updates to the LTD 750. I gave a lot of thought to the direction I wanted to go with the LTD and in the end I decided that its a cruiser and will always be a cruiser. So rather than try to fight it, I thought I'd just go with it and see where it takes me. Ive never owned a cruiser before so I have definitely never tinkered with one either. So Im learning as I go. So far so good. The indicators, brake light and brake light bracket are from a 2000 Kawasaki W650. The front master cylinder and adjustable brake and clutch levers are from a Kawasaki GTR1000. The 'bars are generic high bars which fit up quite easily. The electrics and cables all reached with a little bit of re-routing, but the brake line from the master cylinder to the splitter was too short so I used the rear brake line off the GPZ rolling frame I have which was the perfect length. I got new, shorter mufflers which were too quiet so I took them apart and cut the baffles out. The rear shocks are new also and feature two separate springs in each one. They are so firm compared to the standard 26 year old ones that they replaced. STill plenty more to do but Im heading in the right direction.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/retrozedual/newbars033noplate.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/retrozedual/newbars035.jpg

El_Hefty
05-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Narabeen lakes what a top spot.... Oh and the bikes looking sweet much improved from the original white beast