PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: help needed sat evening.

bluemk1
14-02-2009, 04:07 PM
anyone in the penrith or parramatta area or anywhere in between have access to a vn-vt v8 ignition module either to buy cheap or to borrow for a few hours so i can get my car home as it is parked on the side of a street in a not very desirable location.

failing that a cheap towie or a car trailer so i can get it towed.
lots of free beer or cash if you can help me in this time of need.

dont reply here, please call or sms O4O2 9oneO 347 if you can be of any help.

much appreciated
many thanks in advance

Weaselman
14-02-2009, 04:09 PM
cant get a car trailer?

bluemk1
14-02-2009, 09:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

cant get a car trailer?

managed to get the car running though only just.

barely made it home. car trailer would have been handy but all sorted now, will have more of a fiddle with it tomorrow now that the beast is home, beats bush mechanics on the side of the road in the rain. not only did i have the elements to contend with i had to watch my back so some a hole didnt club me over the back of the head. lovely area out there i hear :D

Weaselman
15-02-2009, 02:29 PM
hey i know how you feel.
A fella asked me if i could give him a jump start while i was walking back to the car from the pub just to have mine go flat when i tried to start it!

bluemk1
15-02-2009, 09:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

hey i know how you feel.
A fella asked me if i could give him a jump start while i was walking back to the car from the pub just to have mine go flat when i tried to start it!

bugger [B)]

pretty sure my car is possesed. went out to try and diagnose the problem today, started first go, ran smoothly and not a sign of any of the problems i had yesterday. thinking it was rain related.
just what i need, a car taking away time from the bike [V]

Weaselman
15-02-2009, 09:36 PM
you know... i came across a guy on the hiway broken down in the rain and water had gotten in behind the dash and wet one or the curcuit boards in back there and fucked out his ignition

We found it and dried it off and the car ran fine
Same problem you have i think

bluemk1
15-02-2009, 10:10 PM
im confident its an ignition problem, just finding exactly what it is seems to be the problem

doesnt help that its a car with an engine conversion. who knows what the original owner chopped out of the wiring.

when i get motivated ill re-do the wiring in this thing, thats after the bandit is on the road though