PDA

View Full Version : Moto X Spud-in

Cruisecontrol
11-02-2009, 04:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay7XDfLcsLA

"Motocross star and 2008 X Games gold medalist, Jeremy Lusk, died last night from head injuries he sustained Saturday while riding at the X Nights competition in Costa Rica. Jeremy, a San Diego native, was only 24 years old.The injury occurred when Jeremy failed to complete a full rotation while attempting a Hart Attack backflip on his bike and slammed head-first into the dirt. He had surgery to relieve the swelling on his brain, but unfortunately, his condition only worsened Monday.
Jeremy had an incredible 2008 season, during which he won Freestyle gold at the X Games, silver in Best Trick when he landed the first double-grab Hart Attack backflip, and a bronze in Freestyle at the Moto X World Championships. He also won both Freestyle and Best Trick at the X Games Mexico, and finished third overall in Freestyle on the Dew Tour.

Jeremy’s crash in Costa Rica was almost identical to a crash he had in 2007 when he did the same trick at the X Games Freestyle semifinals, but remarkably, walked away unhurt. He did not attempt a Hart Attack backflip for several months after the incident, and has been noted to say he was a “little scared of it.”

Jeremy Lusk is survived by his wife, Lauren, his high-school sweetheart. His family and closest friends were all by his side when he passed.
It is truly unfortunate that someone so talented and with so much more to give to this world has passed so young. There is no doubt that Jeremy Lusk lived his life to the fullest and always aimed to entertain and put on a good show – and for that his fans are truly appreciative. Please keep Jeremy and his family in your thoughts and prayers."

BANDITROD
11-02-2009, 04:26 PM
shit thats not good news

Bear
11-02-2009, 04:39 PM
And so it starts. I predict that insurance will kill this sport now or limit it. It was only a matter of time when you're pushing limits. Bad news.

Cruisecontrol
11-02-2009, 04:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bear

And so it starts. I predict that insurance will kill this sport now or limit it. It was only a matter of time when you're pushing limits. Bad news.

I dunno...

Mid last year World SuperSport rider Craig Jones died in an accident at Brands Hatch. It appears that most of the world wasn't even aware of this let alone felt the ramifications of disgruntled financiers and insurers.

My guess is that it will actually make FMX bigger.

gixkat
11-02-2009, 04:48 PM
these guys are pushing the envelope, and sooner or later shit happens, thats why they get the bucks, bloody shame though he was only a kid.

opindown
11-02-2009, 04:50 PM
they wont kill the sport, plain and simple, they cant... but they will up the cost to cover the premiums for insurance so therefore the cost will be past onto the riders.
Not good news none the less

Bear
11-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Was this guy any relation to Ezra Lusk?
Actually, I'm surprised Pastrana hasn't injured himself in a big way with Freestyle. He's pushed the limits many a time with this sport.

WATEVR
11-02-2009, 05:21 PM

Actually, I'm surprised Pastrana hasn't injured himself in a big way with Freestyle. He's pushed the limits many a time with this sport.

i have the pastrana 199 lives which is a doco on him and he busted himself up in a big way on a numerous occasions, he will definately know aout it when he is older.

Never good to hear about a fallen rider:(

BANDITROD
11-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Pastrana is the most talented FMX/MX all round dirt bike rider the world has ever seen i have heaps of his movies

HE IS A FUCKING NUTTER

he is a natural athlete which basically means he is fucking good at everything the little fucker

hyofighter
11-02-2009, 08:00 PM

pretty sure its his younger bro , remember seeing ezra in the first terrafirma video

damn shame about jeremy , but like it has been said push the limit to far and well this may be the result

11-02-2009, 08:05 PM
These guys make it look so easy you can forget how truely dangerous it is. Respect to him for having the balls to try it again huge shame it ended the way it did

zx12argh
11-02-2009, 08:37 PM
I just couldn't watch that... poor bastard. But like others have said, when you are on the bleeding edge of a sport something sometime has got to give. Condolences to his misses and the friends and family he left behind.

el sammo
12-02-2009, 11:28 PM
spewin hey, at least he went out hard and fast doin what he loved!

Lucas
13-02-2009, 09:29 AM
I couldn't watch it either. Work computer wouldn't let me.