PDA

View Full Version : Slabby clutch

Benz
01-10-2006, 03:19 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/913751312245895.jpg
Can anyone tell me if these springs are stockers, or aftermarket heavy duty ones? Or maybe inner valve spring from some ol' clunker!!
They are bloody strong,way stronger than the barnetts I have in the ZX turbo bike's setup.[although there are five in the kwak's clutch] My slabby still grabs bigtime if I rev the engine at all when moving off, and I'm thinkin [at this point, anyway[V]] they are way too strong, and don't give the plates a chance to seperate properly..........?
I've linished the steels on a mirror[with 400 w/d grit], and they showed up with a few small high spots, that I've removed now.
Any thoughts ?

papa smurf
01-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Sure as shit look like valva springs to me.
Heavy clutches are a pain in the arse & grabby one's are even worse.
Have you put new fibres in? If so what brand? also if so pull one of the new ones out & replace it with an old one & try that, some after market plates (like barnett & mcs)can be a poofteenth thicker than original & can cause this very problem.
Hope this helps.
Rick

Benz
01-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks Rick,
I thought they looked a bit chunky for the job too. I've lengthened the inner spacer to lighten their tension a bit, and see how that goes , but I'll order STOCK springs .
I'm using the original friction and steel plates, they seem OK, some material still on the pads of the frictions, and I've linished the steels flat......I'll soon know...!!