PDA

View Full Version : Healight legalities

dub
10-02-2009, 12:52 PM
My mate lowsided his SV1000S and has offered it to me cheaply as i mentioned to him I was thining about a streetfigter build. Before I commit to that i wanted to see what sort of cost I would be up for to bring it back up to roadworthy with a basic conversion.

I was just thinking about a removal of fairings and a simple headlight etc replacement (either twin lights or maybe a FZ-1n unit). I have come accross a few international sites with a few posibilities but was curious whether there were any technicalities for the headlight to be road legal? If something is DOT approved is that enough or is there some other road approval that is neccessary?

Thanks guys, who knows there may be a new build thread soon.

dub
10-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Just saw the guidelines thead, that mentions an e-stamp. Anything else?

miniman1
10-02-2009, 01:07 PM
I think thats it mate, basically just try not to mod it too much till u got d blue-slip/roadworthy inspection done. Just look out for headlight e-stamp and usual roadworthy issues. All guidlines are on the RTA website(or wotever it is in ur state)

80s freak
13-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Some of the better quality twin spots are E stamped, FZ1 unit would be no probs. Just watch for a picky pink slip inspection with your mods. I assume you are also looking at mini indicators, most of these are not E stamped, M.C.S. have recently released L.E.D. mini's which are street legal but you are looking at $40-$50 each. Super bright though, and look pretty trick, you can get these from just about any bike shop.