PDA

View Full Version : How much did Bladerod sell for?

slip
08-02-2009, 03:54 PM
I was looking through some old stuff, and remembered seeing it advertised for $15k. Well, I think I did... Fuck knows. Anyway - Anyone know who bought it/how much it sold for or anything? Me and the boys were talking about it and got all curious like.

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 03:59 PM
hey what ...i didnt even know that it was for sale i didnt think Boxer would ever part with it to be honest

slip
08-02-2009, 04:44 PM
It was a while ago, but never heard any more about it. That might be why..... Was definitely on the market though.

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 04:47 PM
mmmmm ok so who knows all bout this then cmon spill it

Large
08-02-2009, 05:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

mmmmm ok so who knows all bout this then cmon spill it

He was asking 12k I think.

I reckon it was a way overrated chopped up ex stunta H*nda painted rattle can black without any trick bits...but that's just my opinion.[:p]

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 05:20 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha fair enough big fella i dont think your alone there mate

slip
08-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Found it. He was after 15k.

Large - I reckon it's overrated too. I like the idea and style, but the execution was pretty half hearted. Standard headlight choice, pfft forks, subframe was was nothing compared to heaps of bikes on here (CBRRRRT would have a heart attack) - and the thing was this big acclaimed magazine cover bike.

Large
08-02-2009, 05:36 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha fair enough big fella i dont think your alone there mate

P.P.M sent!:D

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 05:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

P.P.M sent!:D
back atcha big fella:D

ozkat
08-02-2009, 07:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by slip

Large - I reckon it's overrated too. I like the idea and style, but the execution was pretty half hearted. Standard headlight choice, pfft forks, subframe was was nothing compared to heaps of bikes on here (CBRRRRT would have a heart attack) - and the thing was this big acclaimed magazine cover bike.
I reckon its bad form to bag someone elses bike on a public forum. What have you built slip?

Billy Bob
08-02-2009, 07:48 PM
^^^^^^^ Exactly built on a budget, in fuck all hours, shows what you can do with fuck all, every body has got a right to there own opinion but no need to slag the fuck out of somebody elses work on a public forum!, so what if it made it into a mag he did something right then.

Large
08-02-2009, 07:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Billy Bob

^^^^^^^ Exactly built on a budget, in fuck all hours, shows what you can do with fuck all, every body has got a right to there own opinion but no need to slag the fuck out of somebody elses work on a public forum!, so what if it made it into a mag he did something right then.

Start with a 3 grand bike...check

build on a budget...Check

In a weekend...Check

Then ask 15k for it?...expect people to give their opinion.

Check![:p]

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 07:56 PM
ok then well everyone seems to have a short memory cos the amount of people who bag others rides around here fucking unreal it happens every day on here so why should slip be flamed for it

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 07:57 PM
fuck me your quick i got ninja'd again

ozkat
08-02-2009, 08:03 PM

ok then well everyone seems to have a short memory cos the amount of people who bag others rides around here fucking unreal it happens every day on here so why should slip be flamed for it
So who is bagging who Rod? I must be missing something here.

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 08:07 PM
almost everytime we have a bike pic posted up in one way or another it gets the nod from some and it gets flammed from the rest so i just dont see why this is different ...i have been guilty of it aswell mate but i just dont think singling out one bloke will make things any better around here

slip
08-02-2009, 11:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

quote:Originally posted by slip

I reckon its bad form to bag someone elses bike on a public forum. What have you built slip?

+ BillyBob. Overreacting much?

I agree, but I wasn't bagging it out. Maybe you misread my post? I just said it was overrated. Did you miss the part where I said "I like the idea and style"? The execution was half hearted, you can't really argue with that.
>>> I like the bike.

He did a great job for something built in a living room in a month, but for it to be a widely acclaimed mag cover bike that people went apeshit over makes it quite overrated in my book.
>>>It's overrated and plenty of bikes on here put it to shame.

It's a quick tail chop, exhaust mod and all black paint scheme with no real detail work which got blown way out of proportion. Saying that does not mean I'm calling it a piece of shit or bagging it out.

ozkat, yeah I've built something before, doesn't really matter though.

WATEVR
08-02-2009, 11:16 PM
funny all this because at the time it was seen as brilliance, made the cover of two wheels!! and was actually for sale at that point in time. there where parts of it that i thought rocked, other parts that i didnt.......but still it was a good build for the time.

flyingfatman
09-02-2009, 11:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

quote:Originally posted by Billy Bob

Start with a 3 grand bike...check

build on a budget...Check

In a weekend...Check

Then ask 15k for it?...expect people to give their opinion.

Check![:p]

big fella
you new sig
is the SHIT

Boxer
16-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Yay, thanks for the hammering.

Si... Just decided to leave it at home for AFR, since the fighter gods Large and Rod say it's only a cheap two bit piece of crap.

I thought fightering was all about building what you want, not what others want.

Oh and yes, I did think about selling it when I went to work in the US, had a buyer lined up (someone I know well), he stuffed me around and after that I stuck it in storage, then on my return, I decided to keep it as I wasn't really desparate to sell it anyway.

qickdraw
16-03-2009, 09:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Boxer

Si... Just decided to leave it at home for AFR, since the fighter gods Large and Rod say it's only a cheap two bit piece of crap.

I thought fightering was all about building what you want, not what others want.

Oh and yes, I did think about selling it when I went to work in the US, had a buyer lined up (someone I know well), he stuffed me around and after that I stuck it in storage, then on my return, I decided to keep it as I wasn't really desparate to sell it anyway.

Hey big fella. I hope you're not planning on leaving it at home unless you've got something better to bring ;)

Don't waste any heartbeats worrying about what the bookends think - it doesn't matter what you build someone will find something to bag out about it!:D

That's why we're all individuals (go on - someone has to say it....[V])

Boxer
16-03-2009, 10:18 AM
I'll bring this!

Even has the raised tail etc!

http://www.pbase.com/rotaute/image/108009275.jpg

fimpBIKES
16-03-2009, 11:38 AM
SICK!!!! perhaps you could stick a lawnmower donk in it
(you'll still out wheely large :))

BANDITROD
16-03-2009, 02:58 PM
since when did i become a fighter god..... boxer i think your bike looks great man.....i am only agreeing about the price you were asking for it mate i am in no way having a shot at your bike after all it was one of the bikes that got me into fighters in the first place but being realistic ....i think the price was up there thats all so no need to take to much offence mate ..

Large
16-03-2009, 05:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Boxer

Mate there's nothing wrong with your bike, you built something different that you like...and that's all that matters.

Problem is, without any serious modifications, clever engineering or trick bits, I just can't see how it's worth anywhere near 15k. I remember reading about the build on Oroads or Bikehype (?) but I can't remember reading where you increased the value of the bike by the amount you reckon it's worth. Which means you're valuing your time or artistic input pretty highly. A bit like those deus blokes do.

Then again, maybe I missed the whole point. Maybe I'm one of the lesser gods?

If I'm wrong, go ahead and explain what I missed and why it's worth so much.

Gix11
16-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Come on man, you don't get out that easy! I now you were looking for and excuse anyway. Bring it along mate, you know you wanna!

For anyone who has no idea what Boxer's bike "Bladerod" looks like, here it is:

http://www.pbase.com/rotaute/image/48307094.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=1290

bluemk1
17-03-2009, 04:10 PM
and to this day i still think it looks fucking sweet!

Boxer
20-03-2009, 09:36 AM
I posted here... 2009

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/3881672113090.gif

fimpBIKES
22-03-2009, 12:11 AM
huh?

WATEVR
22-03-2009, 12:17 PM
i think someone withdraw a statement!!!!

scotty
24-03-2009, 10:35 AM
I liked it muchly(and how presious you were about the burn out) pitty bout ya ugly mug thou.
Na all joke's aside , you gunna make it there this year boxa

Gix11
24-03-2009, 01:56 PM
He's managing the stunt area so you'd hope so! Come on Mark, bring your bike mate, you know you wanna....

scotty
24-03-2009, 02:38 PM
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo burn outs but.