PDA

View Full Version : Fire Safety, is everyone ok??

KATO ZX7
08-02-2009, 11:54 AM
As your all aware of the fires going on at the moment and the fact that i know quite a few of you are out and about in some of the danger areas, i hope that you, your families and your prized possesions are all safe and accounted for.
[:X]

gibbo
08-02-2009, 12:09 PM
We got off pretty easy in our area, couple of small fires but the CFA, of which our son Jarred is a member got on top of them pretty quick. Been watching the news and there are a lot of people who were not so lucky. I will never understand these fucking firebugs!!! Put the fuckers in jail for life!

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 12:09 PM
yeah i got home ok and i ended up riding through a bit of it in western vic and i then went to horsham to check up on mates and there are a few who have lost everything its just devastating to see i can tell you that much but as far as the fires near warragul i think timbo's wife is back at the house now after a bit of a scare we got the phone calls yesterday from freinds and family ....keep in mind that we were on the border run in mt gambier so we getting abit antzy by this morning ....spesh not know what the fuck was going on but cheers for your concern kato

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 01:02 PM
wtf i was just watching the news and they said that marysville is basically gone i was just up there the other week riding thats fucked up i cant get over it ...i didnt quite realise the severity of these fires ....fuck

Booster
08-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Its bad, was on duty around Buxton/cathedral ranges last nite protecting assetts (houses)
out of around 25 in a little hamlet we managed to save 6 , mostly those that had actually cleaned around the house and gave us some chance, tried taking a pic as the fire front went over but the camera flash just showed the smoke.
Been sent to several big fires 03 at Dartmouth and 06 mt Buffalo but this was way more intense..
And i don't like when people store ammo and lpg in there houses...
Hope everyone is safe ..

Large
08-02-2009, 02:18 PM
25 confirmed dead and maybe up to 40...

At least they saved the Valiant

KATO ZX7
08-02-2009, 02:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

At least they saved the Valiant
WTF, i saw that too.
I just thought of my XT sitting in the shed (safe of course) and my heart went out to all the folks that lost everything. I hope that fella with the Val got her started and got her the fcuk out of there!

Thanks to you guys who went out to fight the fires.
Firebugs, should be shot on site!!

sharky
08-02-2009, 04:32 PM
I reckon they should just do a Mad Max and chain the firebugs to a fookin big tree......right in the fire path.....just make sure the hacksaws a bit blunt [}:)]:(

devo
08-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Just read 65 dead , wow such a loss it is overwhelming :(...... does anyone know if the 65 are confirmed or is it a figure estimated ??? Hope all are ok from here and you guys who are fighting the fires three cheers to you all Hip Hip ........

suxukifreak
08-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Numbers and places...

http://www.australia.to/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5005:staggering-bush-fire-death-toll-now-65&catid=72:australian-news&Itemid=29

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 05:34 PM
i cant believe it guys the images of the fire fronts is just plain fucking insane i have never seen anything like that before.......

Jockney Rebel
08-02-2009, 06:32 PM
hope ur all safe ..my heart goes out to the victims ..we ve got a few up here but nothing like wht youve got

latheboy
08-02-2009, 07:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

wtf i was just watching the news and they said that marysville is basically gone i was just up there the other week riding thats fucked up i cant get over it ...i didnt quite realise the severity of these fires ....fuck

There is 2 house's left.... This is a big bad arse fire, i really feel for the people involved....

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 07:16 PM
fuck me thats shithouse the death toll is climbing at a alarming rate aswell

miniman1
08-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Thats incredible!!! Havent really watched tv for a few days, just saw this on the news!! 66 confirmed dead is unbelievable!!
Hope all u blokes and families are safe and well!!

Deano
08-02-2009, 08:07 PM
my sister lost her house in bendigo fires.

my Aunty lost her holiday onsite van in the bunyip fires.

my sister was in qld and my aunty was at her house in Murrembeena at the time so they were safe

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 08:09 PM
fuck mate not good and isnt livewire from bendigo aswell

timbo
08-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Just got home from the border run to find most of the roads around Warragul are closed.My missus had the young bloke and a suitcase packed and ready to go,but it's all good for us now.A good mate of mine came real close to losing his place the fire front got within 100m of the back door so he's very grateful to the troupes who jumped in to give him a hand to move what they could and man the hoses while his peace of shit housemate was playing golf.As for the fuckstick that lit them someone should cut his hart out with a spoon.

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 08:50 PM
and then make the cunt eat it while it is still attached to his artery's

suxukifreak
08-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Ash Wednesday...75 dead

That total has now been passed.

Iceman
08-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Livewire is in Bendigo East. Looks like fires were worst on the west. Hopefully everything is ok for him.

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 09:43 PM
thats good to know clint and thanks for your concern on sat mate

Iceman
08-02-2009, 09:48 PM
No worries mate. Was glad to here everything was ok.

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 09:53 PM
me too as i was coming home today i ended up riding through fire at coleraine and that was bad enough ...then to see the news and see whats going on down south i was gobsmacked and even horsham fire it has started to flare up again cos of the fucking wind so i dont even know whats hapening in there i will find out 2murra morning on my way to work i supose

KATO ZX7
08-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Deano mate, thats not good news, but glad they'r still with us.
and Timbo, glad you and your family are ok.

Im waitin for JoJo, are you ok mate?

Its just getting worse, ive turned into a big girl and cry'd at the last news report, to see so much heartache and loss is unbearable...
sorry fellas, i am a girl after all.

Docktor
08-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Jo is all good, Close to her but not close close. Just talked to her then. This are fucked, I was gassin around bendigo today and fucked off back home quick smart....... You still sweet Greg ? (booster) ?

wackyrider
08-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Glad to hear u made it home OK Rod and Tim. If u need anything u have my number

geesexar
09-02-2009, 12:55 AM
hey guys this is all fucked up...just got home to hear of the devistation,,rod..timbo..jules good to hear everything is ok...my condolancances to everyone who has been touched by this devistation..and torch the cunt who started this shit

Chris41
09-02-2009, 06:30 AM
It's hard to think of anything to say that could come close to meaning anything. I used to love riding through the Kinglake area it was always fun and good people in the shops and pubs.
Just hope everyone can stay safe.
I suggest anyone who can donate blood does so cause the burns units are going to need it.

scotty
09-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Got a bro in dimboola, my old man in thorpy and it's toooo fuckn close.
my sister's in myrt but she's seen it all before.
it is fuckin unreal. I recon we'll see 200+ dead!

Fight_fan
09-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Been off line all weekend! So good to hear ur all ok! It was playing heavy on my mind...
I was left speechless after seeing the news, this is an unbelievable tragedy & my condolences go out to all affected! Hope everyone stays safe till this is over & thank fuck for those brave fire'ies!

Gsxar
09-02-2009, 08:21 AM
We live in town.... So much wanting to move out of town, there isnt a lot left.Traralgon South & Callignee have been hit very very hard. 9 dead so far out there alone :(:( My thoughts and prayers are with everyone. A close friend had to take refuge in the river, house shed all gone, thankfully he is okay.Its so hard with the roads still being closed and people not knowing :( I went shopping yesterday morning to try and grab things for friends who had lost everything - the shopping center is like a war zone, everytime I looked up there was someone else I new who lost it all. I'm crossing my fingers that the toll wont rise any further and people can start to recover.

WATEVR
09-02-2009, 09:14 AM
to those who have lost loved ones and there personal belongings, our thoughts and best wishes go out to you. so quick and your life can change for ever.........never take any thing for granted people

Booster
09-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Sadly i think many of us will know people affected,

Just didn't know what to say when your talking to the local ses,cfa and ambo's in the staging areas changing shifts, many of them lost there houses while out on duty elsewhere, most were putting on a good front but you could see how badly it was affecting them, many wouldn't stop for a sleep or break as reality would have caught up...
i'm back out Tuesday, hopefully just blacking out.

gibbo
09-02-2009, 12:52 PM
This is from the Ducati club.
Please pass this on and give it all the publicity you can.

The terrible bushfires in Victoria have destroyed more than property. At the time of writing there were 108 dead and over 1000 homes gone.

Most of these people live, or lived, in areas frequented by us a s bike riders. They will be the people that poured your beer, made you a coffee, cooked you dinner etc...

Survivors will get help to rebuild but many need more than money. Bushfires burn people. Victorian and Southern NSW hospitals are treating a lot of burn victims. Many of these people need blood products to heal.

Further demand is put on blood stocks treating victims of road crashes. People fleeing fires smash into other cars, fallen trees and run off roads in thick smoke.

You can help bushfire victims by giving blood, plasma or platelets anywhere in Australia. Call 13 14 95 for a blood bank in your area. Please encourage family, friends and workmates who can, to give blood in the coming days and weeks. If you've never given blood or not given for a long time please donate now.

In NSW, the ACT, Victoria and Tasmania the annual BLOOD CHALLENGE runs to the end of February. This bushfire tragedy and associated road trauma is exactly why the Challenge was first issued.

We will be handing the hat around tomorrow night at Bell's too... please bring your wallet with you.
Have to agree with this, great riding area where some of us spent alot of good times, aided by the residents and business owners, please make sure you donate whatever you can.

BANDITROD
09-02-2009, 03:18 PM
cheers for all the well wishes guys and i am happy to report that the fire in my area has been contained and it looks to be under control..... so my thoughts are with you lot down south ...i hope you lot are ok

Weaselman
09-02-2009, 04:57 PM
140 dead and climbing... fuck me i had the radio on in the truck all day and with every update the number got higher.

God rest their souls

Jockney Rebel
09-02-2009, 05:02 PM
i reckon we should have a little collection at the afr for these ppl it wont be much but evry little healps ill gio round the crowd too ..ive seen some of the people whove lost evrything ..i cant comprehand what their going thru this is totally alien to me ..coming from europe ..so ..any takers ?

yoda
09-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Thoughts to anyone affected...
My outlaws and uncle outlaw lost their house at flowerdale(just out of kinglake), just found out uncle-in-law is ok, been missing since satday night. Small mercies...

Weaselman
09-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Just been talking to the missus and got a bag packed to head up to the family farm near singleton thats got 2 fires near it if it all goes to shit.

Its surreal to say the least

oldskool
09-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Step sister lost her house:(

scotty
09-02-2009, 06:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by oldskool

Step sister lost her house:(
Have you talked to robbson?
His perry's place went.
Update on my old man..
He's been batteling just on 14hr's so far, His wife(step mum) and my sister have bailed and are in town.
And some little fuck wit lit the fucken thing. Bet his real proud of his work.

latheboy
09-02-2009, 07:04 PM
I've heard up to 400 missing ... Fuck what a fucking horrid thought...

To everyone who is involved, i feel for you

latheboy
09-02-2009, 07:07 PM
And the whole town of Marysville is a crime scene[V]

timbo
09-02-2009, 08:24 PM
I think every thing is ok in my neck of the woods now but it was a bit touch and go for a while.
thanks for the concern. I just hope it dosn't get as bad as they are predicting. Well wishes to all affected.

JackTar
09-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Mine and my families hearts go out to any of you affected, I have stopped watching the telly. I may well be going off to help with this stuff some time soon as they have been asking around the Navy who has bush firefighting experience, I do, so if they start sending sailors I will be going. Would be good to help.

Bastard
10-02-2009, 04:42 AM
hope all you guys are ok out there and that goes out to your friends and family too. You guys have that going on and people here are moaning about the fucking snow!

Fight_fan
10-02-2009, 07:15 AM
Jst heard this morning, death toll @ nearly 180!!!

Fish
10-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Me and mine are thinking of all you guys down south, hope everyone pulls through ok.

WATEVR
10-02-2009, 08:51 AM
also heard that if you need to do any shopping do it in friday at coles, they are giving all proceeds from that day to the fire victims.

Learnatic
10-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Commiserations to all involved.Way to go booster,you guys are awesome.I'm giving what I can through the Red Cross.Also have a bit of furniture here I was going to sell but will hold of to see if any of you guys need it,if not i will see if the Red Cross want it.Good luck everyone.

zrxmick
10-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey guys just been off line for a while, 1 hugely virus infected P.C.
The fires have come to close for my liking, but we is still here we had a ember attack saturday arrovo and chunks of trees the size of an adults hand where falling from the sky. Safe for now, fingers crossed, in the hands of the weather now. My twin boys were evaked from healesville yesterday.

latheboy
10-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Good to see you back mick ... Best of luck buddy

zx12argh
10-02-2009, 12:24 PM
My thoughts are with all you vic guys and the victims of the fires. I just can't comprehend what any of you guys are going through. 173 dead and towns wiped off the map[V]... If there is any mercy in this world it'll piss down rain and give you guys some relief.

zx12argh
10-02-2009, 12:33 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25033574-421,00.html
Looks like they are chasing someone responsible for the worst of the fires. When they release his photo they had better find him quick otherwise there wont be much left of him to question.

miniman1
10-02-2009, 01:00 PM
i dont like his chances, its times like this the police should maybe turn a blind eye till everyone else is finished with him

zrxmick
10-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Here is what the rd from warby hwy to marysville used to like before black saturday.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=my7XXTDzk14

kevkatana
10-02-2009, 03:41 PM
My Neice, her other half and 2 kids live in Kinglake West. There place was saved by their neighbours, who lost their own houses. It got to their fence. I'm glad they're ok and my heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones and friends.

The Mad One
10-02-2009, 05:29 PM
For the people that have suffered from the actions of the transparent & shallow scum,there is no word or plural that can measure that grief.So we have to,if required & sometimes not spelt out to us support them.
The shit for brain`s !,I wish my dad was still around cause he used to give an option.Jump off the cliff or eat lead.

BillyWhizz888
10-02-2009, 09:14 PM
I have been watching this thread and the news stories
my heart and best wishes go out to all who are involved in this

I cant do much from this side of the sandpit except donate
http://www.redcross.org.au/vic/services_emergencyservices_victorian-bushfires-appeal-2009.htm

https://www.redcross.org.au/Donations/onlineDonations.asp

I have emailed this around the world and posted on as many forums as possible, spread the word peeps, the more who read it, the more will donate hopefully

Be safe

TurboKat
10-02-2009, 09:59 PM
My old Pommie mate Joe's son was really lucky, for a start he & his family were on holiday in the U.K. until yesterday. He's just finished building a beautiful timber & mudbrick house in Kinglake (right at the top of Mt Slide), his property backs onto the Kinglake National Park & it's in just enough of a clearing that it didn't get torched, his big shed burnt down, all his fences are gone & one of his prized Alpacas got pretty badly burnt & looks like it'll hafta be put down.
The grass is burnt to within 50 metres of the house on one side.
Joe says - The jammy fooker should buy a fookin Tatts ticket.
I say - That'd be a waste of money, he's just used up his lifetime supply of luck.
On the downside, a bloke I work with had his best mate die in his car trying to get out, he couldn't see through the smoke & ran off the road & hit a tree.
There are fires still burning in Healesville & Toolangi, my ex girlfriend's property is right in the middle of the 2 (in Chum Creek) & is densely wooded - I have prayed to Mick for her... fingers crossed.

suxukifreak
10-02-2009, 10:04 PM
10 Feb....

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/119801073161941.jpg

gibbo
10-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Our young bloke is heading off with Upwey cfa tomorrow to fight the fires around Healesville. Turbo, please pray to Mick for him will you?

gibbo
10-02-2009, 10:49 PM
What the fuck is the story with these cunts going up there and stealing from the poor buggers, should have armed patrols up there with orders to shoot the pricks!! Alot!!!!

Chris41
11-02-2009, 06:50 AM
Sometimes it's hard to understand OZ society sometimes. We have people of exceptional courage and resilience when faced with adversity and people so generous when those in difficulty need help. And then scumbags
1, who light the fires.
2, steel from those facing the worst moment in their life

In the bad fires around Sydney in the 90s Mum and Dad were evacuated and had to stay with me for 3 days when they were allowed home the fire
had been within 5 meters of their home they were lucky that the fire bombers were working out of a lake near by. That fire was started by a cigarette butt.

kevkatana
11-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Hey Des. Where did you get that satellite photo from?

chopaweeza
12-02-2009, 07:17 AM
An old mate of mine , Craig , and his family live in the area . His wife's family had lost their home in the Ash Wednesday(or whatever day it was) fires awhile back so when they started hearing about fires in the area she convince Craig to pack up the truck , chuck some wheels on the old caravan they had , bodge up a trailer hitch and bug out . They got out with their kids , bikes , pets and other valuables OK in plenty of time but where unable to convince their nearest neighbour to do the same . Craig is OK & safe . Their neighbour & his wife escaped with just the cloths on their back . Having lost a home to fire in the Blue Mountains before(regular fire not bush fire) my heart goes out to the poor buggers effected . I hope they rebuild those communities and and change the laws so that they can effectively charge the dog mongrels that lit these things . What really gets me is that after all this there are still people flicking butts out the window . Morons . Lets all hope that we have seen the worst of it and that no more people loose their lives or homes this year .

zrxmick
12-02-2009, 07:51 AM
Sadly I must add, it has become personal.

With the passing of Gareth Jones Roberts.

I'm not going to get on my soapbox and rant, although I reckon I could give it a fare shot.

Shyte No this is about Gareth.

I 1st meet him when I was a cabbie,in the valley, he needed transport for ongoing medical treatment, even in the pain he was in he always mustered the cheekiest shyte eaten grin, ya couldn't help but be happy in his presence.

In my darkest hours of my 1st marriage break up he could still make me smile.

A motorcyclist, an all round nice bloke, died with his unselfishness, trying to save his parents house.

Ya still make me smile mate…… R.I.P.

customfighterer
12-02-2009, 05:01 PM
wow. best wishes to everyone effected! thats some horrible shit! I'll be sure and post the redcross donation link on our site too!

scotty
15-02-2009, 08:16 AM
My family own a cafe in Myrtleford.
Just got home from there today. Good freinds have lost every thing.
Some of my old customers are dead.
people have fort for days for there livly hood only to be left with a very shalow victory, they now have no water or feed left.