PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Cop magnet

Jazdiver
07-02-2009, 02:05 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/56668358796049.jpg

Howdy all. Picked up the latest addition to the garage last night.Motovert RX 125 Motard. No rocketship compared to my Gixer1 but boy is it fun to ride. Hopefully the photo comes thru ok. Got all the good bits on it Marzocchi forks, pro tapers, DNM shock etc etc. Took it to a mates place this morning for a quick show and tell in a quite leafy suburb of Melbourne ( Edithvale . He rode it around the block ( 3 mins tops ) and was followed back by an unmarked cop car. The bike is fully compliantr and registered so he wished us luck and went on his way. The looks you get while riding this thing.....never experienced anything like it. Kids climbing out of their seatbelts at the lights just to see it. Standard gearing and restrictors in place ( they fell out accidently this morning...lol ) should do 90kph, I've had it to 87kph but still running in. Anyways, it's not a fighter but should keep me amused for a while as I contemplate what my first fighter project is going to be.

_M_
07-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Had a look and for the price, it would be a hoot to hoon around on as a bit of fun, have you tryed to insure it and how much ?? Oh and what is the actual 0 - 60km/h, and have you heard of what the lifespan of the engine is , i've heard that there is a 140cc upgrade kit for these that will get you well over the 100km/h mark.

Jazdiver
07-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Replacement motor is $299. Daytona 150cc 20hp motor about $650 i think. There are a couple getting around that have well over 9,000k's on them on the original motor. Oh, that motr price is the gearbos as well. There are some guys that have them set up for racing that are getting 120-140 out of them. Not much different to a scooters motor really, I've seen units with 30k's on the clock and still go well. I could get 100kph out of it if I re-geared it but I got it for work and it will spend 3months of the year putting around at less than 10kph. It's about right now. Will still mono and should reach 90kph. Very comfortable and enjoyable to ride at the 60kph mark. Wont full comp it, just third party.

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 11:45 AM
fuck they are awsome i have been wanting one of those fuckers for ages but for the money i would rather buy a bigger bike ...but they look like so much fun ...........

Slain
08-02-2009, 12:41 PM
nice one but another grand or two gets you a real motard