Iceman
04-02-2009, 03:24 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14120

pt
04-02-2009, 06:00 PM
bummer for the drag racing community.

devo
04-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Hoooooooooo fuckin ray , justice for the countless lives that have been fucked up by all this crap...................not the user they could have said no but to the poor families that have had to go through the shit it causes :(
No I aint a prude and i think Pot should be legalized , but hey play with fire you will eventually get burned [}:)]

Watto
04-02-2009, 06:27 PM
worst part is there are rumours and they are just that, that there may be more than 1 racing team potentially involved but other names have not surfaced as yet - puts a real stigma onto the sport even if it's not related

MONO
04-02-2009, 06:30 PM
insant horsepower just add speed ....his secrets out [:0]

RUSS M8
04-02-2009, 06:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Watto

worst part is there are rumours and they are just that, that there may be more than 1 racing team potentially involved but other names have not surfaced as yet - puts a real stigma onto the sport even if it's not related

You mean there are group 1 teams not dealing...

MTBEERWAH
04-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Play big boys games, shit happens!!

80s freak
06-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Sadly not a real suprise. Rumours have been going around for years.

Razorback
06-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Spose all that cash has to come from somewhere.... I usually sit there look at the bikes n shit thinking... "where the fuck do they get all the money for this??"

Jay_G
06-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Honest hard work that's where, it takes a lot of effort to run a pill press

chadams
06-02-2009, 08:26 PM
I guess the liquidation sale is off then, or until the police start selling the gear

http://www.brettstevensracing.com/

pappas
06-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Don't judge to quickly. Stevens could have been threatened into the "lifestyle" or made the wrong decision at some stage and couldn't get out of it. It happens more than you think. I've had a couple of mates that took the wrong path at some stage and are in jail or in deep.

OR he was on a power trip and thought he was untouchable and got fucked up!

Tony Nitrous
07-02-2009, 08:16 AM
The Australian National Drag Racing Association (ANDRA) has elected to suspend all of retired competitor Brett Stevens’ National titles and records until his current legal issues have been resolved.

Although having officially retired from the sport in December, ANDRA has also implemented an immediate lifetime ban from competition, which will be reviewed once a verdict has been reached.

Stevens, 44, of Narangba (north of Brisbane), was arrested on Tuesday and faced Brisbane Magistrates Court on Wednesday on six charges including producing, supplying and trafficking dangerous drugs.

Stevens was granted bail on the condition that he has no contact with any of the co-accused or witnesses and he remain at his Narangba residence. The case will continue on March 30.

Stevens won three ANDRA titles over his 18 years in the sport, including the 2004 Top Doorslammer, 2005 Top Bike and 2008 Top Alcohol championships.

His name will be suspended from the record books and his Top Alcohol speed record of 260.27mph (416.432kph) which he set in September at Willowbank Raceway in Queensland, will no longer be recognised by ANDRA.

The ANDRA National Control Council, on the recommendation of CEO Tony Thornton, made the decision at a special meeting in Adelaide this morning.

Feedback from across the country from competitors and fans encouraged to the ANDRA National Council to make the item number one on their agenda and there was a unanimous vote of 9-0 to enforce the suggested suspensions.

ANDRA Chief Executive Officer, Mr Tony Thornton, said that the Stevens’ current legal issues had brought the family-orientated sport of drag racing into disrepute.

“I don’t think there is any question that the current legal issues Brett Stevens is facing have brought the sport of drag racing into disrepute,” said Thornton.

“On that basis the ANDRA National Control Council has decided that Stevens’ three National titles and his current speed record should be suspended and a lifetime ban imposed until the matter is finalised.

“These are major consequences, but it was important that ANDRA made it clear that it would not tolerate situations which reflected badly on the sport and its corporate partners.

“We have acknowledged Brett’s contribution to the sport previously, but unfortunately this current situation out weighs those positives. Obviously this decision will be reviewed once the current legal procedures are finalised.

bluemk1
07-02-2009, 08:34 AM
i was waiting for that!
so how do the cheated competitors feel now? do they get a re run at the titles? [B)]

opindown
07-02-2009, 09:33 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/56668286785539.jpg

just cruisin some face book pics of mates and looky what i found

Tony Nitrous
08-02-2009, 04:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

From the man himself.

http://fastdoorslammers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2686

Being a Suzuki rider,
I got here much sooner than you on a Yam....;)
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14120&whichpage=2

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 04:52 PM
hahahahahahahahaha nice one tony

sharky
08-02-2009, 05:09 PM
quote:Being a Suzuki rider,
I got here much sooner than you on a Yam....

It is all false allegations I tell ya ;)

Hagarr
08-02-2009, 09:16 PM
How does being an alleged drug dealer entitle ANDRA to remove his records and trophies??

I'm seriously not saying I condone his alleged form of income and in fact as a wage earner for thirty years am happy for this to come out but surely if the times and trophies were earned then surely they can't revoke them??

Unless in the event like the Olympics where he took the drugs to enhance his performance would this matter.

Sure hook in to him for his property and such like if found guilty but I can't see the reason behind stripping his record.

Just my thoughts.

Hillsy
08-02-2009, 09:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hagarr

How does being an alleged drug dealer entitle ANDRA to remove his records and trophies??

I'm seriously not saying I condone his alleged form of income and in fact as a wage earner for thirty years am happy for this to come out but surely if the times and trophies were earned then surely they can't revoke them??

Unless in the event like the Olympics where he took the drugs to enhance his performance would this matter.

Sure hook in to him for his property and such like if found guilty but I can't see the reason behind stripping his record.

Just my thoughts.

Agreed - it's political correctness gone mad.

devo
08-02-2009, 09:37 PM
quote:Unless in the event like the Olympics where he took the drugs to enhance his performance
In this case he allegedly made and sold drugs to boost his performance [:0]

BANDITROD
08-02-2009, 09:47 PM
thats how i would look at it aswell i mean if he hadnt sold and dealt drugs would he have had the funds to be there in the first place[?]

Hillsy
09-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Unless there was some sort of cheating involved with his machine the records should still stand. He made a car that went down the strip faster than anyone else. WTF has his personal life got to do with that?

suxukifreak
09-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Cause every time he did a pass, he was paranoid about the cops behind him. http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/98460378318504.gif

Cruisecontrol
09-02-2009, 04:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

Unless there was some sort of cheating involved with his machine the records should still stand. He made a car that went down the strip faster than anyone else. WTF has his personal life got to do with that?

It is all considered proceeds of crime.

Secondly, (assuming it was known that he dealt drugs) who would want to compete against a bloke that funded his racing in that manner?
ANDRA certainly wouldn't and you can be sure neither would Jack Daniels.
It is no different to the germs that steal road bikes to fund their racing.

Hillsy
09-02-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm not trying to defend the guy, I just think his records shouldn't be scrubbed out after the fact. They're for a machine going down a strip the fastest, which (mechanically) has nothing to do with how the thing was funded. Fastest down the strip...is fastest down the strip.

It's like Milli Vanilli having their Grammy taken away because they didn't sing on their record.....:D[B)]:D

BANDITROD
09-02-2009, 07:41 PM
you make a good point there hillsy i didnt look at that way

336LJ
10-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Agree'd on the records thing, that shit is just fucked, he did it, and drugs in his own personal life would not have altered that fact one bit (maybe the bray boys are huge dealers, they seem to be winning on a regular basis.. oooh wait.. sponsors.. hmmmm...) ,.. what, has the record been revoked due to.... horsepower doping.??? been slipping octane boost from the servo in while nobody has been looking?

Fact of the matter is he got caught, and thats his problem. ANDRA should stay the fuck out of it really. The only other thing that should be mentioned is how much of the shit is off the streets, and that young kids should think of better role model to look up to IMHO
Personally I can't stand the shit, I see why people do it, fair enough your choice, but I'v seen alot of fucked up mates and I take delight in knowing a supplier is out of business.

I think the guy that was building "street machine of the year" cars, and having an entire country of car builders, who treasure their pride and joy looking up to him, finding out that he actually funded his builds by stealing other peoples cars is WAY WORSE and deserving of such hatred from the racing/automotive community.

I can see on the grounds that maybe he was funding things with the proceeds of drugs, but money can't buy the skill needed to build race and maintain dragsters, that comes from people with talent.

[Unless he was caught producing Talent enhancing drugs?? Cause I sure as fuck know they don't exist, but u can't tell that to a bloke off his face on pingers trying to dance like a man posessed lol]

zx12argh
10-02-2009, 12:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by 336LJ
[Unless he was caught producing Talent enhancing drugs?? Cause I sure as fuck know they don't exist, but u can't tell that to a bloke off his face on pingers trying to dance like a man posessed lol]

Sure they do - give me a few beers and I'm a fucking legend at everything.

Bear
10-02-2009, 05:16 PM
ANDRA are forgetting that Stevens just drove/rode his cars/bikes. There's a whole team of mechanics behind him that are a big part of those titles.

Cruisecontrol
10-02-2009, 05:32 PM
And do you think they didn't know what was going on?

suxukifreak
10-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Its just all a big stunt to sell more copies of his book...[:0]

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/11979997516793.jpg

Cruisecontrol
10-02-2009, 06:52 PM
The updated version:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/11980014186389.jpg

336LJ
10-02-2009, 06:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

quote:Originally posted by 336LJ

Sure they do - give me a few beers and I'm a fucking legend at everything.

Haha - well does it actually make you better at what you are doing, or much cooler cause you don't appear to be hurt when something goes wrong and you can't feel it? [:p]

quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

The updated version:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/11980014186389.jpg

LMFAO, the white stuff is the powder flying out of his saddle bags

lizard
10-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Next ?