PDA

View Full Version : First ride on a GSXR

04-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Believe it or not, other than a Hayabusa and a Blackbird I have never riden a big bore fairing bike before. I have riden plenty of bikes in my time but most of them have been big twins (TL,SV,VTR,Buells)and I have steered away from fairing bikes...until yesterday.
I dropped into my local bike shop and took my first GSXR 1000 for a ride and, my God, what a bike!!!!!
For most of you guys it won't be a big deal but for me, the buzz I got from a bike that can do 3rd gear clutch wheelies after only being on for 15 minutes was incredible. And as far as fairings go, I think my next bike is going to have them cause tucking in behind that screen and doing a tonne plus while the engine is screaming at 15k rpm is incredible.
Don't spose anyone wants to buy me one for my birthday do they. It's in December so you have plenty of time:D

RED ZX
04-02-2009, 11:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bullfrog
And as far as fairings go, I think my next bike is going to have them cause tucking in behind that screen and doing a tonne plus while the engine is screaming at 15k rpm is incredible.
:D

I have been considering what bike to get next, and its that very reason that I am going to go with a faired sports bike.

opindown
04-02-2009, 11:39 AM
i have been meaning to take one for a test ride. would be great to get one

scotty
04-02-2009, 12:17 PM
So you have seen the light.(just fuck off the plastic. IT IS GHEY)

Fight_fan
04-02-2009, 12:41 PM

And as far as fairings go, I think my next bike is going to have them cause tucking in behind that screen and doing a tonne plus while the engine is screaming at 15k rpm is incredible.

Fuckin skirt! 200+ with no fairings makes u appreciate life mate! Its what its all about, none of this hiding from the wind shit! LoL!;)

knucklehead
04-02-2009, 01:35 PM
The GSXR1000 is an awsome bike, but they all look the same when theyre wrapped in plastic. No character!
One bike I reckon looks unique is the new Buell 1125r, its basically naked apart from the headlight fairing of coarse, I reckon they look awsome and apparently they keep up with the four cycl. litre bikes! Has anyone taken one for a thrash, love to hear about it:D

04-02-2009, 01:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan
[br Fuckin skirt! 200+ with no fairings makes u appreciate life mate! Its what its all about, none of this hiding from the wind shit! LoL!;)

Haha. I have a nitrous injected GSX. Ive been there before!!![:p]

knucklehead
04-02-2009, 01:41 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1013213791100079.jpg

custom exhaust, bar ends and tidy tail would look trick! what do you think?

DiscoDan
04-02-2009, 02:00 PM
for me those side pods are hard to get over, it looks like someone mounted a set of panniers all wrong. In the flesh I find the fairing too wide at the nose, it's just a proportion thing

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/101321389632381.jpg

No wonder there's very few front on shots

Of course there's always the 'cafe racer' version from the factory.....
http://bikerholic.com/2008/10/23/2009-buell-1125cr-cafe-racer-first-look/

scotty
04-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Poor old buell.
Too many meat pie's

Fight_fan
04-02-2009, 02:45 PM

quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan
[br Fuckin skirt! 200+ with no fairings makes u appreciate life mate! Its what its all about, none of this hiding from the wind shit! LoL!;)

Haha. I have a nitrous injected GSX. Ive been there before!!![:p]

HaHa! Good stuff mate, thought u'd gone soft for a while there! Lol! ;)

Jazdiver
05-02-2009, 07:43 PM
I'd like to see the Buell stay with my Gixer1 over 230. Short wheel base has it's disadvantages.If it's so quick why isnt anyone racing one in the worlds??

CBRRRT
05-02-2009, 07:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by DiscoDan

for me those side pods are hard to get over, it looks like someone mounted a set of panniers all wrong. In the flesh I find the fairing too wide at the nose, it's just a proportion thing

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/101321389632381.jpg

No wonder there's very few front on shots

Of course there's always the 'cafe racer' version from the factory.....
http://bikerholic.com/2008/10/23/2009-buell-1125cr-cafe-racer-first-look/

F.U.B.A.R

DiscoDan
06-02-2009, 09:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jazdiver

I'd like to see the Buell stay with my Gixer1 over 230. Short wheel base has it's disadvantages.If it's so quick why isnt anyone racing one in the worlds??

There's plenty of people racing Buells in the world, just less so with the new ones as they've just been released

I reckon it could certainly stay with anything in the twisties

_M_
06-02-2009, 11:15 AM
I'll give the buell another chance once they do something with the side pods, buell has submitted two different designs to eliminate this monstrosity and we will more than likely see which one they chose this year and see it in the 2010 lineup, then ill give it serious consideration.

bluemk1
06-02-2009, 12:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by DiscoDan

quote:Originally posted by Jazdiver

There's plenty of people racing Buells in the world, just less so with the new ones as they've just been released

I reckon it could certainly stay with anything in the twisties

the twisties yes but like jaz pointed out, above that it wouldnt be much chop.
i think you read his original post wrong, worlds as in wsb. no one is racing them there as they wouldnt be even close to competitive :D

DiscoDan
06-02-2009, 03:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by bluemk1
i think you read his original post wrong, worlds as in wsb. no one is racing them there as they wouldnt be even close to competitive :D

You're absolutely right, my mistake. I just thought he couldn't spell :)

Jazdiver
06-02-2009, 10:25 PM
No mate....lol. I can spell. World Super's I think is a prety good indicator of what the fastest production bikes are on the planet. The whole BMW thing should be interesting enough tho, not too far off the pace I'm led to believe,