PDA

View Full Version : sick busa

04-02-2009, 03:51 AM
hi,can anyone help me,my mate has a 2002 busa.He bought it off ebay but it was a wreck,it got a new head gasket,new barrels,and the head skimmed.The problem he has,is the bike will fire if petrol is poured straight into the injectors,but will not fire off the button.My mate ger has the diagnostic equipment ,and has checked all the sensors,from throttle position sensors to everything else,with no fault showing up.
Would anyone have an idea as to what is wrong...
..thanks in advance

griff..............

BANDITROD
04-02-2009, 05:03 AM
fuel pump ok? i am def no expert on busa's

latheboy
04-02-2009, 06:12 AM
Flush the fuel lines and check the pump and fliter, Im with the expert^^^^^^^

How the hell do you pour fuel in 4 injectors from a can and have enough pressure to make them work?
I wouldn't do that again as it'll be running very lean and might go Kaboom

Booster
04-02-2009, 07:02 AM
FI code will flash if the prob is electronic,
simple things like side stand switch while in gear will show "check"
if bypassing the ign switch a resistor is needed.
Checked the fuses ?
Should hear thefuel pump prime , could disconnect the fuel line from the tank outlet and with a bit of hose clamped on, either point it at a bucket and check flow or put a gauge on and check pressure.

OZ750L
04-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Got a manual?

ninjaboy
04-02-2009, 07:12 PM
No, it's an auto[:p]...........sorry couldn't help myself. I have once again proved myself not useful.

ozkat
04-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Tilt sensor? Find the little black box with up, upper or an arrow pointing up written on it. Put pointing the right way up. Ill just about garrentee thats the prob.

Stocky
05-02-2009, 06:12 AM
The injectors are probably blocked from it sitting for a long time.

Take them out of the TB's and soak them in fuel.

Then try them. If they are still not right but the bike runs ok, back fill the fuel rail with carby cleaner and start the bike.

Or ....get them cleaned properly.