PDA

View Full Version : skiddz's cbr250r project

Pages : 1 [2]

LKC73
16-06-2009, 10:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by skiddz

i dont really know whats next in the line of mods..... any ideas?

Get a new can for it and cut the fucker short! :D

I know you wrapped this one, but sure it wont be hard for you to stump up another! DO IT, you know you want to :D

CBRRRT
17-06-2009, 01:08 AM

i think he means mine man [:p]

thank you all for the kind words

[:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)] Yeah I get that now, what a dick head, lol. Sorry Dude!! [:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)]

Harry
17-06-2009, 09:23 PM
[/quote] paint that motor and the shroud around the cooler skidz,it needs it bad mate, and cheap :)

CBRRRT
18-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Oi, Harry! why aint you at work? that fuckin crane wont drive its self you know! lol.

skiddz
18-06-2009, 10:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Harrypaint that motor and the shroud around the cooler skidz,it needs it bad mate, and cheap :)

bang, next oil change.... which should be this week or next weekend i should pull the covers off and address the uglyness of them. im contemplating some kind of aluminium radiator shroud/protector.... just hove to find one

miniman1
19-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Find one????? Dont u mean make one??? (:P)

Bikes looking great man....... Keep up d good work.

dingo
19-06-2009, 10:51 AM
lookin good skiddz :D

skiddz
21-06-2009, 10:35 AM
painted the forks yesterday, probably do the engine covers n shit this arvo pics when i can be arsed

80s freak
21-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Great work bloke! Can't remember when but I saw carbon fibre engine cover covers if that makes sense. On sleaze-bay from the states, might be worth a hunt.

skiddz
21-06-2009, 07:31 PM
forks and engine covers painted

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245616117.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245636502.jpg

i always deliver [:p]

im thinking about filling in the gaping holes in the cbr 1000 tail cos they really arent doing that much for me.

Harry
21-06-2009, 08:36 PM
ar very good skids:)...always good to see progress in a bike mate.
now its every man's want to fill a hole in now and again mate but it would look much better if you took yourself of to the hardware shop and bought ur self some mesh (silver or gold) cut it a little larger than the hole shape it and glue it in from the inside of the cowl with a good two part e-poxy...look's hot [:p]

skiddz
07-10-2009, 03:33 PM
mmk, as most of you are aware this bike has been stolen but has been recovered, its in a very bad way, so im in a few minds as to what i should do, whether i should take a second attempt at it or just flog the fucker in parts

i have a new bike now (07 Z750) which has already suffered the brunt of my motorcycle maiming with renthal bars and bar end mirrors hugger and belly pan, pics another day.

so im thinking i might do something a bit different and chop the rear off maybe 50-100mm past the seat and have a cruiser style mud guard/hugger over the rear wheel for legalities sake, not that the cbr1000 tail was in any way legal but i think she was a bit too wide(looked like ghetto booty).

should i bother rebuilding this? or just accept that its gone?

CBRRRT
07-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Move on skiddz, the past is the past.

skiddz
07-10-2009, 04:40 PM
maybe you are right..... :(

might just have to sell it in parts

hypoman
06-05-2010, 09:07 AM

quote:Originally posted by miniman1

And fuck off that mirror bracket and get some bar mounted mirrors

thats the plan i have some on the way from ebay

on the exhaust note (very punny), the end can isnt fabulous its scratched and gouged and very shitty looking so im thinking maybe shorten it a bit and then get some new sheet metal to wrap it, or just leave it and wrap it im not entirely sure how this can works compared to most aftermarket unit but it looks like it would not be able to be shortend, i shall invesigate...

regarding chopping the pipe:
yesterday I cut my std pipe down to 6" and fused the can end back onto it. looks really hot and is louder especially at 10k and above. I lost alot of weight and it was an easy chop as i didnt cut through any interior plumbing.
only problem I had was the end i had to angle gring grooves in the inside sleeve as the diameter of the pipe at 6" was a little smaller than at the end. Ill post some pics soon...
PS: im in the philippines so no noise restrictions here!
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!!

RevHead
11-05-2010, 05:27 PM
hey man u know the guys who give you shit are generally guys who pay people to make,paint,and do shit to there bikes fuck them ,just remember when its finished you did it ,keep u the hard n good work bro ,,cheers pete

VFighteR
11-05-2010, 10:47 PM
do it do it do it - As CBRRRT said, it all about individuality - why be like all the rest.

Keep up the good work :)