PDA

View Full Version : GSXR Forks?

bluemk1
02-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Whats the differences between the K5/K6 and K7/K8?

Will either front end fit a 96 bandit? cant find anything definate on google [:o)]

Guy in sydney is dicking me around with buying his, i suspect it might be stolen [}:)]

Considering getting one from U.S Ebay.

BANDITROD
02-02-2009, 08:37 PM
as far as i know k5-k8 are shorter than k1-k4 but they will still fit your bandit mate you will just have to change bearings or change stems over and being shorter they will make it tip into corners better but it wont be as stable at high speed....us ebay is good and cheap but be carefull i lost $400 on a front end that i paid for but i didnt get it was my own fault for not checking his feedback it was 0 but shit happens as far as i am concerned

bluemk1
03-02-2009, 05:14 PM
when you say change bearings and stem over you mean the bandit stem into the gsxr front and those magical bearings that no one seems to be able to come up with a part number for, yes?

should i be worried that lots of front ends from the usa dont have top triples? im considering using clip-ons so would be ideal if i can track one down complete but can probably get a top one over here. my concern is where did it go? if the front end is complete other than that why would it be missing? i cant see how it could get damaged and the rest be straight.

so why the fook is it missing? :D

Cruisecontrol
03-02-2009, 05:41 PM
If they are from the US, the knobs probably spent a fortune making the top clamp look all pretty and either keep it or sell it separately.

As for the head stem bearings, I used the Bandit ones.

BANDITROD
03-02-2009, 07:02 PM
yeah i meant you can either change bearings or you can simply change the stem over into the gsxr triples and if they dont come with triples trhen you will either have to get some stock gsxr ones or get some custom jobies mate

BANDITROD
04-02-2009, 06:01 PM
you got mail mate

bluemk1
04-02-2009, 08:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

you got mail mate

so i do :D

def worth considering, im sure i could source some triples elsewhere, or even give ben a call to get him to knock something up :D

BANDITROD
04-02-2009, 09:37 PM
i am sure someone here will have something laying around to get you out of trouble

OZ750L
05-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Stock 90 model USD triples are 7mm wider than 05 triples but the radial legs still fit into them if that's any help. Maybe have a look through gixxer.com. From what I have seen, they push out the later stem and push in the earier and then have a sleeve made to downsize the upper triple clamp bore to the older stem. Lets you use the original bearing set for your bike that way.

hooligan
05-02-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm using 91 model GSXR 1100 yokes with K3 GSXR 1000 forks (using 1mm and 0.5mm spacers top and bottom)holding a wheel designed for a K4. I'm using the front axle from a TLR (I think), because the axle diametre fits the wheel, and is wide enough to fit the yokes.

Cruisecontrol
05-02-2009, 06:22 PM
To save yourself a whole lot of drama, just wait for a complete front end to come up.
It is a knock on effect if you buy in bits and pieces. One thing won't fit so you change this, which affects that etc.

hooligan
05-02-2009, 08:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

To save yourself a whole lot of drama, just wait for a complete front end to come up.
It is a knock on effect if you buy in bits and pieces. One thing won't fit so you change this, which affects that etc.

That's good advice..
The reason mine has so many different bits is because i didn't want to change my already modified yokes. So I had to have spacers made and find the wider axle.
Lucky Exben's around to do the hard work, eh?

OZ750L
05-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Wonder if you could change the bearings to 25/47/12s and get a longer internal spacer made up. Can use the K4 axle then. Get a longer nut made outta t6061 bar and make a spacer for the other side. Maybe.

bluemk1
06-02-2009, 01:33 PM
ok still looking, after doing some more research it would be ideal if i can get one of the new 07/08 fronts as it has the fancy new big piston forks, not that the old ones are bad as im sure just about anything will be an improvement over the original bandit gear, but im thinking if i can find one then why the hell not? [:p]

though it looks like complete front ends are hard to come by as everyone seems to stick the bike into rails front on [xx(]
next best is source some froks and source the other parts as they become available [^]

cheers to the guys helping me with the search, i appreciate your emails. ;)