PDA

View Full Version : ebay

Blackkat
29-01-2009, 05:45 PM
a few weeks ago someone listed a ebay sniper site, what was it.
would like to try it on a listing as the seller relisted after i won it and before i had a chance to pay.

Docktor
29-01-2009, 05:53 PM
www.ezsniper.com

is wot i use

Blackkat
29-01-2009, 06:19 PM
thanks Doc will give that a go

pappas
29-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Or www.auctionstealer.com

opindown
29-01-2009, 09:34 PM
justsnipe

fimpBIKES
29-01-2009, 09:38 PM
uracunt.com?

29-01-2009, 10:04 PM
what the fuck is a sniper site?

Slain
30-01-2009, 09:30 AM
they are sites that will place a bid for you with 1 second to go on the auction so as long as you are biding higher than anyone else you will win.

Cruisecontrol
30-01-2009, 02:33 PM
So in other words it fucks over sellers and legitimate bidders.

How would a sniping program stop a seller stiffing you after you won an auction?

Seifer
30-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Thats how I bid anyway. I think it's cool there is an automatic system for it. It's a dog eat dog world as they say and if I want to win something then I will win it however I can.

Docktor
30-01-2009, 03:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

So in other words it fucks over sellers and legitimate bidders.

How would a sniping program stop a seller stiffing you after you won an auction?

How can it fuck over sellers ?. If the sniper has the highest bid, he wins... so the seller gets the highest price for his item.

how can it fuck over the bidder ?. If the bidder put in a higher final bid than the sniper, the bidder wins.

A sniper program doesnt stop the seller screwing you. If the seller wants to screw you, he will do it whether you are using a sniper program or bidding "off the bat".

It doesnt matter if we like snipers or not, it's a fact they are out there.

Everyone puts in the highest amount they wanna pay for the item. If you get beaten by a sniper,there is absolutely no reason to cry and moan and bitch about being beaten, it just means he was willing to pay more than you were for the item....
[B)]

Cruisecontrol
30-01-2009, 04:10 PM
"EZ sniper places your bid in the final seconds of eBay auctions. This gives your competition no time to respond to your bid."

They even explain it on the website...

And if it is just about the highest amount you are prepared to pay, why not proxy bid like everyone else?

Blackkat
30-01-2009, 04:15 PM
well it like this I won a item on ebay, the price was cheap asked seller to send COD (he said he would)
it never arrived, it's now relisted, he said i wouldn't pay.
well i still want it.

StuNVA
30-01-2009, 07:27 PM
it just prevents you from forgeting about it and missing it

_M_
30-01-2009, 07:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by aussiecat

well it like this I won a item on ebay, the price was cheap asked seller to send COD (he said he would)
it never arrived, it's now relisted, he said i wouldn't pay.
well i still want it.

And you've contacted ebay about this ???

They offer a mediation service

Did he give you a negative feedback ?

yoda
31-01-2009, 09:16 PM
What was it mate?
I reckon i saw aomething similar the other day...
Price seemed like a bargain, but the item was back up 3 days later

opindown
01-02-2009, 03:50 PM
long story short alot of the snipe sites you can select a time frame for it bid for you before the auction either way it is mainly used for people to use if they aint gonna be at the computer when the auction ends. but if i am at the computer then i will snipe the bastard myself in the final 5-10 seconds. it has worked for me alot of times, but there are always people that are more sneaky then me.

dingo
01-02-2009, 04:01 PM
ive find sniper a great tool , i really havnt got the time to sit there and watch bids , just punch in what you think the item is woth to you and let it go, i remember starting out i would get caught up in the bids , just saves me time and money i think. its not foul play,cheating or a hack, just shopping with efficency. ;)

opindown
01-02-2009, 05:30 PM
agreed ;)

Cruisecontrol
01-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Just admit it people, it is simply to get your lowest possible bid at the lowest possible moment to stop people responding.

Saying that it is because you won't be at the computer when it ends is irrelevant
because you could just put in your highest amount at the start of the auction and leave it at that.

As a buyer, I think it is great. :D
As a seller, I think it is fucked. :(

dingo
01-02-2009, 06:18 PM
i can see how you would feel from a sellers POV , the few items ive sold i have put down the money i want + a BIN , if it doesnt sell i relist it, ive only started bids at .99c on items i really dont need but i would rather see someone use it than throw it away , however i will always offer stuff to mates first before i put it up for action. got bugger all bike stuff to sell but when i do i will be posting here first;)