PDA

View Full Version : GSX 1400

alfiestorm
25-09-2006, 08:42 PM
I have decide that when i move to Australia in the not too distant future as well as bringing my bike with me I am going to buy a GSX1400 to fighter.
Where is the best place to start looking for one I'm not going to be there until early 2007 so it is a bit of research thing at the moment to get an idea of prices and to see whats about

:)

God
25-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi Alfie,

These should give you an idea of pricing

www.bikesales.com.au

www.bikepoint.com.au

www.tradingpost.com.au

Then there is always the auctions - www.fowles.com.au

Cheers

BOHEMION
25-09-2006, 08:56 PM
www.bikepoint.com.au

www.bikesales.com.au

2 for a good start

also www.quicksales.com.au for bits and peices is also another good start

suxukifreak
25-09-2006, 09:01 PM
This will give you a rough idea of what is around on the secondhand market.
http://www.bikepoint.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?Make=SUZUKI&Model=GSX1400&ShowThumbnail=True&SortBy=4&ResultsPerPage=10&MTA=False&PageIndex=0&TabID=3424&Alias=bikepointau

alfiestorm
26-09-2006, 11:38 PM
Are there any Aussie made turbo suppliers that could supply a kit for the gsx1400 or make one up.
I would do it my self but I have never turbo'd a bike before and apparently there is a shit load of things to take into account when working out which turbo to get and then all the other stuff like plennum's and blow throughs and dangly bits that go whoooooooosshhhsshshshshhshshshsh.Gimme a kit and i'll make it work.

From the links supplied already there seems to be a plenful supply of gsx1400's at sensible prices and i'm still looking through. Thanks chaps :D

RUSS M8
28-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Boys called "S & R Pro" out Penrith way do alot of turbo'ing. They have a turbo GSX1400 they have already done, I seen it at the strip - pretty quick, and stock looking!

pt
29-09-2006, 10:55 AM
winter and summer are at different times over here so start looking to buy just as winter starts. all the shops and fair weather riders start trying to offload stuff:)

alfiestorm
12-10-2006, 06:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by RUSS M8

Boys called "S & R Pro" out Penrith way do alot of turbo'ing. They have a turbo GSX1400 they have already done, I seen it at the strip - pretty quick, and stock looking!

Just had a reply back from S&R PRO they will only do in house turbo's and not supply a kit i can fit myself

Large
12-10-2006, 08:02 PM
From what i've seen they do some serious quality work...but it will cost you :)

suxukifreak
12-10-2006, 08:21 PM
The guy that owns this spent 4,500 pounds PLUS fitting but he gets to play with 300 hp. [:p]
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/649651204492612.jpg

Gix11
12-10-2006, 11:09 PM
I see a BIG CC sticker on there. He went to the top shelf for that job!

http://www.bigccracing.com/

12-10-2006, 11:48 PM
S+R pro sell turbo's from $1500 but not complete diy kits.its called "cornering the market". If you know where to start then its not a bad price.otherwise there is a few guru's here that can help you,such as Booster,NakedTurbobusa,Exben,Ozkat,Turbokat,Abusa and even Iceman.
big CC racing kits are about $5500 US complete
personally i'd be happy with 168hp gsxr11

alfiestorm
13-10-2006, 03:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by davo

S+R pro sell turbo's from $1500 but not complete diy kits.its called "cornering the market". If you know where to start then its not a bad price.otherwise there is a few guru's here that can help you,such as Booster,NakedTurbobusa,Exben,Ozkat,Turbokat,Abusa and even Iceman.
big CC racing kits are about $5500 US complete
personally i'd be happy with 168hp gsxr11

Point taken there Davo and yeah i am happy with my 168bhp gix1216 but i am hoping to build a fighter out of the gsx1400 and keep my fully faired gix for thrashing around the hills and high speed runs. Do you know what you get for your $1500 apart from the turbo unit that is

One of my mates had a real rubbish job done by big cc racing he paid them to convert his gix11 to a 1371 which they did but instead of using genuine suzuki gaskets as they said they would and charged for on the bottom half of the motor they did not and used cheap italian copies which after a couple of hundred miles started to piss oil out of every joint and the new 38mm rs mikuni's had not been balanced needles to say the bike went back in the back of a van to big cc to be put right free of charge.
My mate also noticed that they had broken a piece of the lower crank case at the back on the outer edge of the locating dowl.
We dont use big cc any more and do all of our own work unless a special tool or piece of equipment is needed and then we are there when the work is carried out where ever possible and not at big cc.

Gix11
13-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Ahhh. Interesting? BIG CC must have lost their touch and love for the job over the last 10 years?