PDA

View Full Version : Oil Cooler Fittings

Seifer
23-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Hey guys, I bought one of those oil cooler kit combos off ebay. Just wondering what fittings I'll need to attach it to my bike. Its a GSXR 1100 91 and the oil line is -10.
Is it just a pretty standard right angled jobby?
Where do I get them from and how much are they... don't care if they are stainless or the poncy red/blue ally style ones.

Cheers boys n girls.

Deano
23-01-2009, 05:02 PM
gunna have to reduce down to -8. we sell them at work so let us no if you get stuck

Seifer
25-01-2009, 07:50 AM
Is that an adapter to reduce down to -8 or do I have to replace all the lines and fittings etc?
How much amI looking at?

Deano
25-01-2009, 02:13 PM
how long is a piece of string?

how are you running you cooler. traditional or upside down. what are the fittings on the sump and what thread sizes are they?

probably at 200 of more for the hose and fittings.

90deg and 45 deg fittings are about 3 times the price of a straight fitting so keep that in mind

jump onto the speedflow website and browes there cataloge. you want the 100 series braided hose and fittings. can be special order in other colors other than blue and red but is a week wait and a 10% surcharge, they are also not returnable for credit once they are anodized to the color you order so if you want a special color make sure you get the fittings right

Seifer
25-01-2009, 03:23 PM
So thats a yes to new lines then.

Yeah Ill be running it upside down for simplicity's sake. So 2 90 deg's and straight's.

Cheers mate.

JackTar
26-01-2009, 02:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Deano

how long is a piece of string?

Double half of its own length Deano.

Deano
26-01-2009, 05:07 PM
how are you getting the fitting to join to the sump?

Seifer
26-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Is it not a matter of just matching up the thread?

Deano
26-01-2009, 10:11 PM
yes but what is it?

you will need a port adapter to go from the female thread in the sump to the dash 8 flare. it will pull up on a copper washer.

Seifer
27-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Wow this is completely over my head, I figured it would be a simple matter of finding a fitting that will screw into where the old hose was.
I've got no idea what a port adapter is or a flare.
Has anyone here who's got an aftermarket cooler on a gsxr 1100 or 750 able to shed some light on exactly what parts etc were used?

Deano
27-01-2009, 05:06 PM
take a pic of the sump that you want to put it on. most of the ports in the gix and bandit sumps are 16x1.5 thread but pays to double check.

these are your straights, 90 and 45deg fittings
http://www.speedflow.com.au/catalogue/hoseends/swiv10037/index.html

your adapters.
http://www.speedflow.com.au/catalogue/adaptors/special/index.html

so you will have a female thread in the sump. you will then screw a fitting (unless you have one in the sump already) into this female thread. this will give you a male taper flare. you will then screw on the 90,45 or straight fitting onto the flare , your hose will then join to that fitting. on the cooler end you will need a fitting to go from the hose to the expander fitting to increase the -8 line to screw onto the -10 fittings on the cooler.

some coolers are diffent aswell so would pay to post up a pic of the cooler you have to make sure we are onthe same page here