PDA

View Full Version : How anal are most RTAs in NSW???

jakam04
23-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Secret Squirel....

I might be coming down that way... How anal are some RTAs in passing bikes that have been "Modified". Specially when coming from another state etc. Inspection... how often, is it every year? and the dreaded question... how much for rego for a year on a bike? is there an option for a single seat rego to cut costs?

Thats enough questions for now...

Jarrod

Docktor
23-01-2009, 09:31 AM
i had so much trouble at rta in nsw that i got a set of posting orders drawn up by a mate in the orderly room and got a moving permit to drive to canberra to register one of my cars, where it passed right away. so i think they suck ass. but i reckon the rest of the info could be found at nsw rta online.

Fight_fan
23-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Mate I bought my 7/11 off deano where it was rego'd in VIC no worries n was still classed as a 750! Come to NSW I had to get n engineers cert, then a blue slip (safety n shit) then a green slip (CTP) then pay the RTA my rego fee's n being in the over the 1000cc bracket it was dearer to register than my 2ltr Liberty! All up set me back over a grand! Now its done tho, jst need pink slip, green slip n RTA fees, so it'l prolly cost me around $700 per year! But take into account im only 21 tho so my green slip bill is HUGE!

Oh n there's no option for single seat rego! I have a seat cowl n no mounting place for pillion pegs but it doesnt matter...[xx(]

2ndclasscitizen
23-01-2009, 05:05 PM
ACT rego and CTP for 12 months on my GSXR1000K5: $450
CTP alone in NSW: $680.

So I'll be heading down in the next couple of days to get ACT rego.

Weaselman
23-01-2009, 07:00 PM
RTA is a secret way of spelling NAZI

Large
23-01-2009, 07:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by 2ndclasscitizen

I haven't paid more than $400 for a greenslip for at least the past 6-7 years. With the $90 rego fee it's not too bad for a bumfuck broak state.

Then again, I'm an old cunt and I shop around[:p]

Large
23-01-2009, 07:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by jakam04

Secret Squirel....

I might be coming down that way... How anal are some RTAs in passing bikes that have been "Modified". Specially when coming from another state etc. Inspection... how often, is it every year? and the dreaded question... how much for rego for a year on a bike? is there an option for a single seat rego to cut costs?

Thats enough questions for now...

Jarrod

Furstly-

If you've still got a few months rego, don't bother registering it until it's up.

Also, if you've got proof that you've ever paid stamp duty on it...make sure you have it when you front up at the RTA or they'll want to charge you it again.

There are a few dodgy pink slippers around;)

2ndclasscitizen
23-01-2009, 08:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

quote:Originally posted by 2ndclasscitizen

I haven't paid more than $400 for a greenslip for at least the past 6-7 yeats. With the $90 is rego fee it's not too bad for a bumfuck broak state.

Then again, I'm an old cunt and I shop around[:p]

22yr old guy, one crash, 2 tickets, GSXR1000. $680 isn't a bad result.

gixer1200
14-02-2009, 09:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Mate I bought my 7/11 off deano where it was rego'd in VIC no worries n was still classed as a 750! Come to NSW I had to get n engineers cert, then a blue slip (safety n shit) then a green slip (CTP) then pay the RTA my rego fee's n being in the over the 1000cc bracket it was dearer to register than my 2ltr Liberty! All up set me back over a grand! Now its done tho, jst need pink slip, green slip n RTA fees, so it'l prolly cost me around $700 per year! But take into account im only 21 tho so my green slip bill is HUGE!

Oh n there's no option for single seat rego! I have a seat cowl n no mounting place for pillion pegs but it doesnt matter...[xx(]

Who did the engineers report and how much was it and what did they look for on it. I dont think mine stands a chance as its from the uk and the mods are more then what ive seen on bikes here.

Bear
14-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Put back whatever you need to get it past rego then swap over again.
The only reason I haven't sold the original exhausts off my R1 is because of this.

gixer1200
18-02-2009, 06:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bear

Put back whatever you need to get it past rego then swap over again.
The only reason I haven't sold the original exhausts off my R1 is because of this.

All well and good but to get it through a engineers report would be to rebuild it back to standard. Should have left it in the uk.

Bear
20-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Is it worth getting it right as much as you can and then see what the engineer reckons?
Play the Ref, so to speak. ;)

hooligan
21-02-2009, 12:09 PM
My engineer's report only cost me $400... but that was 9 years ago.

I've done even more mods since it was engineered and never had a problem passing a pink slip.

Bear
21-02-2009, 02:13 PM
I typed the wrong words - should be Blue slip inspector, instead of engineer. Blue slips are only $30-$40. If it doesn't pass, the blue slip fella will tell you why and then you can work out whether it's worth fixing or not. Only gotta get the blue slip once.

I had if's about mine passing but had no problems.

gixer1200
21-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Spoke to someone about a blue slip and showed him photos and he said it will need an engineers report.

scrotary
07-03-2009, 11:56 PM
i have my bike registered in qld still as 12 months rego up there is cheaper than a green slip down here, you tell them at qtransport that the garaged address is nsw and the postal address is qld, they try to buck up but hold your ground and they've got no choice.

Brodie
08-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I was gonna ask...and sorry for the stupidity lol........can you not keep it registered in the original state? And just leave the address at someone you knows house..or is that the dumbest question ever asked?? LOL...........

gixer1200
14-03-2009, 12:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by scrotary

i have my bike registered in qld still as 12 months rego up there is cheaper than a green slip down here, you tell them at qtransport that the garaged address is nsw and the postal address is qld, they try to buck up but hold your ground and they've got no choice.

So i need to find an address in Queensland then to register it?.Who is the qtransport?.

gixer1200
14-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Spoke to someone and they said put some lights on it and it will get a blue slip. :D