PDA

View Full Version : ZXR250C 96

StuNVA
19-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Kawasaki ZXR250C, 1996 grey import.

22,000km

Just done the big end and crank bearing, everything was in spec so should get a heap more out of it.

New front and rear pads.

Nov rego. Good learners bike or short arse bike.

Cracks in front fairing around blinkers.
Crack in fairing on the right side near tail light bolt.
Passenger seat has a little rip in it.

Good tyres, 85% back, 75% front. New chain and sprockets about 1,000ks ago. Good little bike, my son rode it all the time and loved it.

$3,800. ono.

Replaced by a GSXR600 in two weeks as he is off his restricted licence now.

StuNVA
19-01-2009, 08:59 PM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm70/stunva/ZXR250C_1.jpg

miniman1
19-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Looks pretty good mate, i got a friend looking for aa 250, so ill c if she's interested.

StuNVA
20-01-2009, 07:51 PM
It's a good little bike, if he didnt need the cash to help pay for his new one we'd keep it and let the daughter use it on her L's in a year or so but it must go to pay for the next one.

rock hard
21-01-2009, 11:57 PM
HI Stu, did you find the reason for the bottom end problem

StuNVA
22-01-2009, 04:38 PM
The crank was in spec when I miced it, all is good now after the new bearings went it.

The guy at the kwaka shop at Tamworth recons the change from Mineral to Synthetic didnt do it any favours and the syn may have been a bit too thin for the thrashing he gave it from Long Flat to Tamworth and simply starved it of oil. I thought that there may have been a blockage so blew everything through with an airhose and didnt find anything so maybe he was right.

The bearing on number one was worn but the rest were fine. We done all the crank and BE bearing anyway while it was apart. Put mineral oil back in it now and it's happy as a pig in shit.

Clutch is a little stiffer than I'd like it to be but it's no track bike and I've spent enough time and money on it, I probably should have put a micrometre on them too but they didnt look worn so it's probably just a matter on spending some time adjusting it better.