PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Jed
13-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Am new to your forum - have been checking it out for a little while now. Looks like a great bunch here. Hope to be able to get some advice and ideas in the future. I don't currently have a Street Fighter, but am keeping an eye out. Not really looking for anything too nuts, just something naked with a bit of work done. That may change once I get one. Anyway, can't do anything till I offload my current ride (anyone looking for a ZXR).

I keep you all posted with my progress. Cheers

timbo
13-01-2009, 09:49 PM
welcome mate why don't you fighter the zxr?

BillyWhizz888
13-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Welcome Steve [8D]

Jed
14-01-2009, 06:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by timbo

welcome mate why don't you fighter the zxr?

I would, but I dont really have the finances to build from scratch, and would probably only look dodgy - so will find one with the hard work done, or some of it done. I would like to build one in the future though.

morrigan
15-01-2009, 06:25 AM
Welcome Steve.

rock hard
15-01-2009, 03:15 PM
welcome dude

Weaselman
15-01-2009, 06:40 PM
your first fighter is allowed to look dodgy mate as long as its black and loud as fuck

jakelive
15-01-2009, 11:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

your first fighter is allowed to look dodgy mate as long as its black and loud as fuck

Amen :D

Gsxar
16-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Welcome Jed

quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

^^^^ Worked for me :D:D

KATO ZX7
16-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Mines matt black and dodgy as all fuck, and i love her to bits

Welcome to the nuthouse Jed, nothing wrong with a bit of, how do you say, fix her up with a bit of tightarse ingenuity..
At least nobody else will have a bike like yours

Jed
16-01-2009, 09:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by KATO ZX7

Mines matt black and dodgy as all fuck, and i love her to bits

Welcome to the nuthouse Jed, nothing wrong with a bit of, how do you say, fix her up with a bit of tightarse ingenuity..
At least nobody else will have a bike like yours

You guys have almost got me talked into it. No one wants to buy mine anyway - I've been looking around for some examples of ZXR's that have been done. Doesn't seem to be many out there (Or I can't find many) Anyone on here have one?

By the way - excellent spray from all involved for our new pommy member "Miles1260" I think that may have been his first and last post.

Cheers Guys

TurboKat
16-01-2009, 09:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jed

I would, but I dont really have the finances to build from scratch, and would probably only look dodgy

Bollocks !
If it's got fairings, sell 'em off & use the coinage to buy some trick 'Fightery bits, it doesn't hafta be done overnight so you can drip feed the mods as $$ allows.
Checkout the green [:p] & yellow [8D] ZXRs in this thread for a couple of examples of ones we prepared earlier.
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13273

TurboKat
16-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Oh yeah, welcome to ASF.

wackyrider
17-01-2009, 05:13 AM
Welcome mate
And what cc's is your ZXR??

Z Power
17-01-2009, 07:56 AM
welcome mate, the zxr would make a good fighter go for it

Jed
17-01-2009, 08:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by wackyrider

Welcome mate
And what cc's is your ZXR??

1993 ZXR-750L & Very Green. If someone can tell me how to put up a photo. I'll show ya's

Jed
17-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Here tis - What will I do with all that plastic. I'm actullay a bit apprehensive about selling the fairings. My wife just leaned over my shoulder and told me to do it (She likes fighters). And I have noidea how much I'd get for everything. You guys would have sold some fairings over the years - how much do you get for all this stuff. Clip-ons instruments and plastics????

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/12377080084919.JPG

Jed
17-01-2009, 08:27 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/12377080089642.JPG

Gsxar
17-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Fighta it !!:D I'm a big beiever in I would rather a bike built with love n passion that might not be perfect - Than a pretty thing that has nothing of the rider in it. Buying a bike done - your buying someone else tastes [:p]

morrigan
17-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Jed. mate. Whip off all that tupperware and stick it on fleabay! Then let your imagination guide you...

Jed
17-01-2009, 08:21 PM
You guys have talked me into it. :) I really do love my ZXR, So will probably sell off the bits I don't need to start funding my Street Fighter build. So I'm going to be annoying the shit out of you guys for information for a while.

First ?? is, I have no idea how much to ask for my bits. There is a guy on a Kwaka forum I'm a member of who is looking for some left hand side fairings for the same model as he binned his. Do I seperate bits or only sell as a whole? And how much do I ask? Some advice would be greatful.

Thanks. Jed

BANDITROD
17-01-2009, 08:40 PM
TK where are ya mate .......Turbokat is your man mate i am sure he can help you out

Jed
18-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks Banditrod

I will keep an eye out for TK, may even PM him.

Cheers - Jed

timbo
18-01-2009, 06:34 PM
I sold my Tupperware on Egay real cheap just because i wanted it gone i think i got $450 total. It's now spreed from Hobart to Townsville

TurboKat
19-01-2009, 08:42 PM
A bit over 12 mths ago I had to replace both side fairings & the top (headlight) fairing on my L model ZXR, there was nothing available on Ebay for months & I rang over 20 bike wreckers all over the country & all I could get was a secondhand f/glass replica top fairing ($300) from Adelaide.
I finally got a pair of NOS f/g sides from the guy who runs the KSRC forum for a bargain @ $200 the pair, it was a bit of fucking around to get it all to fit up nicely but it looked good in the end.
Since then, I occasionally see the odd L fairing panel or top on the 'Bay but full sets are like rocking horse shit.
You'll get good $$ for the front fairings, reasonable $$ for the headlights & mounting frames (as an assembly), the mirrors & indicators are available cheaply aftermarket so they're not worth much, the tail plastics come up on Ebay fairly regularly & nobody wants them.
I'd say if somebody has a crashed one that they want to repair you'll be in luck because they'll probly want the lot, otherwise you just gotta advertise 'em & see how the cards fall.
If it was my stuff I'd start at $350 for the top & $150 each for the sides, go for top dollar to start with because if someone really needs them (like I did) they will have done the ring around & found out they're hard to get so they'll pay the money.
Also what you have going for you is the fact that they are not available from any of the Raceglass type mobs anymore - 2 wheel wreckers in W.A. has Replico's old moulds (aparently the only L model moulds in Aust) but they're not producing them but they'll lease you the moulds for $500 a week + freight [:0] if you want to make your own.
Good luck with it Jed.

Jed
19-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the info TurboKat

I will let you know how I go. I'm looking forward to selling them now. I've already priced most of the parts I need to get started.

Cheers Jed