PDA

View Full Version : Battery Options?

Fight_fan
13-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Howdy boys n girls! I gotta gets me a new battery, mine's fucked out n can only hold a charge for a day! I'v never bought a bike battery b4 n jst want to kno what my options are... $$$ isnt an issue, I jst want a good one thats gonna last me!

Any advice will be much appreciated!
Cheers! ;)

pappas
13-01-2009, 11:18 AM
One of these......

http://www.yuasa.com.au/asp/index.asp?pgid=11321&cid=6304&application=21&producttype=115&type=1205

http://www.yuasa.com.au/asp/index.asp?pgid=11321&cid=6304&application=21&producttype=115&type=1207

Large
13-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Before you buy a battery, have you checked your charging system?

Should be showing about 13.5V at idle across the batt terminals and about (and no more than) 14.4V at about 50 percent of redline.

If your charging system is fuxed it'll fux your new battery pretty quick

Benz
13-01-2009, 05:59 PM
If money is no option, you should go with a fibre-matt type battery. I've got a Deka in the 810turbo, which is proving to hold a charge much better, and longer, than a standard lead-acid type.
The bike hasn't moved much lately[fuel/rust problems], and the Deka is holding its charge heaps better than when I used the lead acid Yuasa.
It would take the [2year old] Yuasa about a week/10 days for the voltage to drop below 12volts,[handy to have a voltmeter option built into the tacho] but the Deka still has enough grunt to start the bike, after a month or more....You can install the battery sideways too,if you want,nothing to leak out, sealed forever...
Just my 2 cents worth..

Fight_fan
14-01-2009, 06:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Before you buy a battery, have you checked your charging system?

Should be showing about 13.5V at idle across the batt terminals and about (and no more than) 14.4V at about 50 percent of redline.

If your charging system is fuxed it'll fux your new battery pretty quick

Cheers Large! Yeh mate it seems to be charging it mate! I havnt had the time to take the bike for a proper ride in months, but i'v been usin it to go to work everyday, the ride is only about 2 & 1/2 mins each way so its not gettin run properly n now the battery wont hold a charge! I have to sit on the charger every night n its still hit n miss if it'l start in the mornin![V] Me thinx its cactus! [xx(]