http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/411079893100027.jpg

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41107989385914.jpg

Anyone not familiar with Phil should be doing their homework about now:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/41107989327238.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Crump

http://www.speedwayworld.tv/en/sgp/a1011

Gsxar
12-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Hahaha CLASSIC, I though u had controlled that fetish Turbo....

KATO ZX7
12-01-2009, 09:36 PM
I thought Turbs wore knickers???

TurboKat
12-01-2009, 09:51 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/411080174265.gif
I'm not worthy.
Haha, you've made my year Si ! If only my old man was alive to see this, he was a HUGE fan of Crumpys.
Oh yeah, for all the unwashed (non Speedway Solo fans) Phil is the Mick Doohan (God) of Australian Speedway (does that make Jason Jesus?) if I had a dollar for every time I saw Phil win a race, I'd be a wealthy man.
Fuck he looks in good nick too, I bet he can still punt a slider OK [:p]
Got any pics of his daughter Si ? ;)

Hagarr
12-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Absolute Legend.

Jockney Rebel
12-01-2009, 10:11 PM
lmfao wicked lol

oldskool
12-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Good work Si!!!!

BOHEMION
12-01-2009, 11:36 PM
http://www.milduramotorcycleclub.org.au/history.html

rock hard
12-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Nice Work SI,the Crump family.just awesome.

Benz
13-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Crumpy......legend..

Bear
13-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Top fella but fans of Billy Sanders would argue whether Crumpy is akin to Mick Doohan. ;)
He represented Aussie speedway well. I take nothing away from him.
Ask him if he's ever seen a Shane Watts Dirtwise DVD for me. I gave one to his son's manager for a reason and they never got back to me.

Also tell Phil to put the boot up his son's arse and beat that wanker-sook Pederson!

sharky
13-01-2009, 09:41 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/53885042581414.jpg

Bear
13-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Onya Sharky! :D

Gix11
14-01-2009, 05:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bear

Top fella but fans of Billy Sanders would argue whether Crumpy is akin to Mick Doohan. ;)
Ask him if he's ever seen a Shane Watts Dirtwise DVD for me. I gave one to his son's manager for a reason and they never got back to me.

Also tell Phil to put the boot up his son's arse and beat that wanker-sook Pederson!

What was the plan behind the Durtwise DVD mate? If you gave it to Jason's manager or Jason you can pretty much guarantee it was never touched again. Phil or Neilk would be interested though. What was the plan behind it again?
I may get Phil to read this on Friday......

Bear
14-01-2009, 10:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

quote:Originally posted by Bear

What was the plan behind the Durtwise DVD mate? If you gave it to Jason's manager or Jason you can pretty much guarantee it was never touched again. Phil or Neilk would be interested though. What was the plan behind it again?
I may get Phil to read this on Friday......

I want to make a "How to ride" DVD for Speedway that show-cases the sport and introduces new people to speedway without having to go and buy a bike right off the bat without any knowledge. Encourage more people to get into it. Unless you know someone with some experience as a coach, it can be a costly and dangerous game and you go no where.

I've got enough experience in both riding and producing to pull this off. I competed for Arena Essex in the British Conference league many moons ago when it was then the 2nd division. Started racing when I was 16 in Nth QLD. Was also trackside when Jason Crump got his first GP win at Hackney.

To do it though, I need an ambassador of sorts, ie an experienced rider to pass on the lessons on camera and demonstrate. Jason Crump would be ideal but there are others. I also tried to hit up Leigh Adams about it but couldn't get near him either. The DVD would be great P.R. for which ever rider did it.

I'll send you a copy of the DirtWise DVD. I've been meaning to anyway but a marriage crisis has been in the way. [V]

Gix11
14-01-2009, 11:06 PM
I know the man for the job. He get's hit up all the time. I was talking to him at Christmas and tried to convince him to take up the offer from the book writers who want his knowledge before we lose him. Neil Street. He's 78 tomorrow and he taught Phil and Jason everything they know (he's Jason's Grandad). What he doesn't know about speedway ain't worth knowing. He's been coaching for more years than he cares to remember. He's still in Australia at the moment as well. He'll be going back to the UK when the season starts again.

Bear
14-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Neil may remember me. He gave me advice when I was racing at Exeter once. Wasn't a good meeting for me - mongrel track to ride (old cycling velodrome with dirt on top) and I almost got into a fist fight with the home team captain after a race...heheh. Cause I beat the minger and he couldn't take it!

Anyway, Neil would be good for script input but need a speedway celebrity host for people to take notice. Need a name that's current or relatively. It'd be good for Phil to be involved aswell, if he's up for it. 3 generations there to draw on for how times have changed. By all means, let Neil know what I want to do and see if he can get some wheels turning. Am happy to chat over the phone about. PM me if need be.

Gix11
15-01-2009, 01:30 PM
The biggest problem is they are all still living in the UK mate, and the only time you get them all in the same place is at Speedway meeting across europe. Jason wouldn't help as he won't even take advise from Phill or Neil any more, let alone do anything for anyone else (this is what I have been told anyway). Neil is in Victoria for another couple of months and Phil goes back to the UK on Sunday.

The Mad One
15-01-2009, 03:38 PM
If ya ain`t slid`n ya ain`t rid`n[8D] I think Jason lives in Swansea still (newcastle) dunno what it is about this area but it seems to produce world champs in more than one discapline.
I remember my first dirt track meeting at Nepean (oil track) iwent there & my jaw hit the bottom of the conrol tower floor[:0] CR5`s by Tony Hatton on 'meth' in the hands of Shawn Giles[}:)] then there is long track.Anyone that ride`s a bike till it stretch`s the rod with no brake`s is living life;)

Bear
15-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Nepean still runs but has a noise curfew so they only do midday stuff. Makes it damn hot ridng in summer.

Hey Si,

No hurry for this. It needs to be a long term plan and these guys don't all have to be in the same place at the same time. Lotsa ways around it.
It doesn't surprise me about Jason, countries in Europe (like Poland) treat riders like rock stars.

There are other Aussie riders who would do and I would only need them for a few days, really. Ryan Sullivan was nice bloke when I met him, could be a possible. I just don't know how to get in contact with them. Steve Johnston is another and Todd Wiltshire would be a shoe-in. Anyone know how to contact Todd? I believe he hails from Brisvegas.
Todd's got the cred of being world number 2 in 1990.

Gix11
16-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Spoke to Phil last night. There's something you need to consider. You have to be an acredited speedway instructor to give advide and lessons. It's an easy course but Phil and Neil don't have it. If they were to give advice on a DVD and someone got hurt they would get into shit. Believe it or not Phil had the offer to do it last year but didn't bother, Jason on the other hand did. Phil reckons Jason may be up for it when he comes back to Australia at the end of the year. Email me if you want more details mate.

WATEVR
17-01-2009, 01:48 AM
i grew up at speedway tracks, was on the hill with my mum at 6 weeks of age watching the old man swing on an outfit at Northarm SA. first ride on a motorbike was at the sidewinders track on ryan sullivans junior bike, the boots i borrowed where that big that they wrapped around the peg and the toe dragged on the ground!! hahaha, i didnt even know to let the clutch out to get it started.......ryans dad pushed me for nearly half a lap before he realised what i wasnt doing!! hahaha