PDA

View Full Version : I can't do it or can i is there a cure help!!!!!!!

alfiestorm
17-09-2006, 11:20 PM
I want to own a fighter and i am more than capable of building one but i have a dilema. I just cant bring my self round to fighter my current bike a modestly tuned gsxr1216 yet it is the perfect platform for me to fighter what with all the performance work done to it.
Is there any special treatment I can have to change my mind, anyone else suffered from the same dilema but overcome it.:)

I am planning to build a fighter and a drag bike when i get to SA oh and i am bringing my bike with me :D

geesexar
18-09-2006, 07:50 AM
alfie there is nothing like a fightered oiler, your bike would be perfect but if you cant bring yourself to hack at it, you could always pick up a wreck and start from there. theres fowles auctions where there was an R1 on there other day, with a little bit of work would have been a good project. Other than stuffing your bike into a car....which i dont recomend...i cant think of too much that would change your mind about your gsxr...By the way im gunna try an get up in the hills during the week and get sum photos for ya...cheers

EXBEN
18-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Ok Alfie here's what you do, get yourself a comfy chair & a case of liquid courage & your tool kit. Then sit yourself down in front of your bike & keep drinking till the fears numb out & ideas start flowing.:D

barknmad
18-09-2006, 12:53 PM
Hey that's what I did!
Sunday afternoon, liquid sunshine, 100 grit paper, 2 cans Export matt black, long handled screwdriver and a claw hammer. I justified it at the time, by saying, the worse job I do now, means I would be motivated in doing it properly later! (Riiiight)

alfiestorm
18-09-2006, 05:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by geesexar

alfie there is nothing like a fightered oiler, your bike would be perfect but if you cant bring yourself to hack at it, you could always pick up a wreck and start from there. theres fowles auctions where there was an R1 on there other day, with a little bit of work would have been a good project. Other than stuffing your bike into a car....which i dont recomend...i cant think of too much that would change your mind about your gsxr...By the way im gunna try an get up in the hills during the week and get sum photos for ya...cheers

That will be great if ya can get some photos geesexar cheers mate

Gix11
20-09-2006, 05:46 PM
After coming back from Phillip Island today, I can tell you there was a shit load of stock 88-91 GSXRs down there. I can also tell you that no one gave them a second glance (well, apart from maybe me, Deano and a few other like minded individuals) but I can tell you that when Chris (Hooligan) parked his bike (7/11 fighter) in Cowes on Saturday morning you'd have thought there was a naked chick doing a show or something by the crowd. You wanna stand out and have people ask about your bike all the time or belnd in with the rest? Answer this and you will know whether it's for you. Remember, once you start you can never stop........