PDA

View Full Version : Direct Air Injection on CBR - how much to keep?

darkaz
06-01-2009, 05:53 PM
My 95 CBR has Honda's "wonderful" Direct Air Injection - with the soledoid controlled intake paths. My basic question is do I need to retain the two intakes at the front of the bike or can they be repositioned with reduced airflow into them?

I know the solenoids switch from the main intake to these smaller ones at certain speeds (can't remember what they are off the top of my head) so figured they should be retained - this isn't a problem, I'll just find some way to incorporate them into a new headlight assembly (still haven't comitted to anything there).

Cheers!

John

BANDITROD
06-01-2009, 06:31 PM
first of all mate welcome to the madness and i have done some work on a mates 95 cbr and he ditched the intake ducts with no trouble at all but on the same note i have heard of others having problems (mainly kwakas) with this sort of shit .....so its really hit and miss mate

darkaz
06-01-2009, 08:10 PM
so I guess a bit of (pun intended) suck it and see...

need to get the engine looked at anyhow, at least the carbies - quite likely floats need adjusting and possibly new jets required as when I do manage to get the thing to turn over it's running richer than the Packers with the occasional flame out the pipe - been like that since it went rubber side up [V] - so might get them to look at it with & without the intakes

rock hard
06-01-2009, 08:12 PM
hey darkaz, 60kph is when the solenoid switches over so try it if you get it wrong the worst that will happen is it will run very rich till 60 .

darkaz
06-01-2009, 08:20 PM
hmmmm flames up to the end of the street.... [}:)]