PDA

View Full Version : Smokey74's K6 Gix Fighter

Smokey74
15-09-2006, 05:24 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/20630483943752.jpg

Just wanted to say hello and show off my latest creation. I've been lurking around and reading alot on here for a few weeks now. This is one of the best fighter forums I'm found on the net. You Aussie guys seem to know your fighters. I don't think mine qualifies as a fighter yet, but it will..:D

My mods so far:

Aztec8 4" H4 light kit
Ohlins damper
Custom guage mount
LSL Superbike bar kit
Speigler extended SS lines
Custom Scorpion slip-on
Woodcraft pegs
Cox Racing rad guards
Vortex Racing sliders

I'm still looking for a few things but I'm sure I'll find the stuff I want soon enough.

FIGHTERMC
15-09-2006, 05:33 AM
i like the bike smokey a wheelie machine i bet
and it qualifies as a streetfighter hands up mate
i'd like to have one of them under my arse.
and welcome.

03gixxerpilot
15-09-2006, 05:43 AM
not to shaby, welcome to the madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smokey74
15-09-2006, 06:19 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/20630489474891.jpg
Thanks guys... Most of my firends thought I was nuts to strip a like new Gixxer but now I'm glad I did. This thing is a beast!:D

geesexar
15-09-2006, 07:22 AM
hey smokey, nice rig and welcome.

chong
15-09-2006, 09:22 AM
nice one smokey
welcome to the nut house:D

Smokey74
15-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks again guys. I posted up some more pics in the members rides section.:D

Slingblade
15-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Welcome Smokey.

Dont know what you mean about it not qualifying as a fighter. Looks like one to me. There seems to be a couple of schools of thought on a real fighter. There are the old school guys who think it should be an eighties or early 90's muscle bike (preferably an oil cooled suzook) with upgrades to pretty much everything(as they need upgrading pretty much everywhere!!). Then there is the other side of the coin, like yourself, who buy a top line sportsbike and whack on bars and lights and voila, fighter. Basically the components are top spec to begin with, so you dont need to touch em. From what i have seen on here you will find regardless of what camp you are in, basically people just love fighters!

Rocket
15-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Yep, that's a fighter.

Smokey74
15-09-2006, 02:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Boris_the_Blade

Welcome Smokey.

Dont know what you mean about it not qualifying as a fighter. Looks like one to me. There seems to be a couple of schools of thought on a real fighter. There are the old school guys who think it should be an eighties or early 90's muscle bike (preferably an oil cooled suzook) with upgrades to pretty much everything(as they need upgrading pretty much everywhere!!). Then there is the other side of the coin, like yourself, who buy a top line sportsbike and whack on bars and lights and voila, fighter. Basically the components are top spec to begin with, so you dont need to touch em. From what i have seen on here you will find regardless of what camp you are in, basically people just love fighters!

I guess when I think of a fighter, I think of tons of custom work done with a sportbike syle chassis. I didn't do that much and my bike could be converted back to stock in a matter of hours. In my case the change was necessary but now I won't look back. I love my bike more than ever now. Fighter or not, I think it looks mean and it works for me.

pesh
16-09-2006, 07:28 AM
definately a fighter ... and an awesome one at that ... welcome smokey

oldskool
24-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Im with you Boris nice rig Smoky and welcome
Oldskool Gixers rule the world, Oh did ya know god rides one, Jesus rode a laverda thats why he got nabed and banged on a cross.

Smokey74
30-09-2006, 11:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by oldskool

Im with you Boris nice rig Smoky and welcome
Oldskool Gixers rule the world, Oh did ya know god rides one, Jesus rode a laverda thats why he got nabed and banged on a cross.

I'd love an old school gixer but never found the right deal. Good to know gods on our side.:D

Kamakazebusa
30-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Well done for having the balls to fighter a new bike.....many a people would turn in disgust.......fcuk them all i say.!!!!!!!!

Thats one nice bit of kit......:)