PDA

View Full Version : Bandit owner

MTBEERWAH
31-12-2008, 01:42 AM
G`day all, was never a big fan of naked`s, but now i love em, I own a 03 1200 bandit, and have the tinkering bug.In the the process of conversion to naked, along with fit`n gix front end, if i new how to use a computer properly ( as these things are new to me as well )i`d put on pic`s, but one step at a time,
Just through fick`n through this site, i see alot of knowledge to be gained, any way, hello.

geesexar
31-12-2008, 05:01 AM
welcome aboard mate:D lotsa info an good people here

BANDITROD
31-12-2008, 07:51 AM
welcome aboard mate

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
31-12-2008, 08:32 AM
G'day John, congratulations on owning one of the greatest bikes EVER ! Biggest mistake i made was buying a "Plastic Fantastic" 929 Blade, (for sale if anyone wants a donor). The Bandit is king for mid range, low speed, tail sliding giggles. Fire up the grinder open the jd and go for it !

Cruisecontrol
31-12-2008, 10:40 AM
G'day mate, if you ask me the '03 1200 is the best of the Bandits although I am a bit biased. ;)
I put a GSXR front end on myself and with a Busa shock on the back it is a dream to ride.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/208809020205234.jpg

MTBEERWAH
31-12-2008, 11:11 AM
G`day criusecontrol, your the man i want to talk to, i`ve done the busa thing at the back, so can you help me with info on the front please, triples,steering stem,bolting on bars etc: i`am going at it a bit blind at the moment, feedback would be appreciated?

31-12-2008, 01:06 PM
g'day mate and welcome, you're not wrong about there being plenty of knowledge to be gained there's some cluey blokes and blokettes around here

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
31-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Sorry CC, gotta disagree with you. If you're going to have a hooligan bike, it has to be the original. '96 B12's every time ! Mine was touched by the hand of god, (Ron "BALLS" Soloman) and then kissed on the cock. Awsome mid range shoulder jarring tyre burning giggle factory. Just my humble opion.

BANDITROD
31-12-2008, 03:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by OLD SKOOL BANDIT

Sorry CC, gotta disagree with you. If you're going to have a hooligan bike, it has to be the original. '96 B12's every time ! Mine was touched by the hand of god, (Ron "BALLS" Soloman) and then kissed on the cock. Awsome mid range shoulder jarring tyre burning giggle factory. Just my humble opion.
mine was touched by God (Ron) aswell mate and it is a 96 so i'm with you mate

MTBEERWAH
31-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks all for your welcome, i only found out about this site from a bike shop in briz about 5 days ago.I live in Gladstone, the heart of that black stuff AUS exports,COAL. If i had`v known about it,would`v been here alot earlyer, i had been on the pommy bandit forum, some good lads there, but in the day & a half i`ve been on this site,this so far seems to totaly out way that site in knowledge, and its local, can`t conplain there. Look forward to some deep and meaningfulls. No i`m not a SNAG.

Cruisecontrol
31-12-2008, 04:13 PM

I had a '96, but after a torrid love affair, I broke her and she broke me...:(
I like the fact that 2nd Gen Bandits generally get overlooked for fightering, so I still get the awesomeness of the Bandit donk, but can avoid the masses of older B12's. :D

Cruisecontrol
31-12-2008, 04:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by MTBEERWAH

G`day criusecontrol, your the man i want to talk to, i`ve done the busa thing at the back, so can you help me with info on the front please, triples,steering stem,bolting on bars etc: i`am going at it a bit blind at the moment, feedback would be appreciated?

Blind is the best way to do it!
I used a set of '02 GSXR1000 forks, bottom clamp, axle and guard, 750 wheel and brakes and an ABM top clamp & flat bars from AUSFR.
I got the bike shop to press my Bandit stem out of the stock bottom clamp and had them press it into the GSXR one. Then had a spacer machined up for the top of the stem (Bandit stem is a smaller diameter at the top) and job done.
If you can get a complete front end it will be a very easy swap, as none of the Bandit gear will fit the GSXR forks.

MTBEERWAH
31-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks for info CC, i have 07-08 folks,triple& brakes, but no wheel or guard yet. I`m as keen as shit to get it all going, can`t stand not being able to adjust suspension, as i`m sure you now realize,it now goes around corners.

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
31-12-2008, 05:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

mine was touched by God (Ron) aswell mate and it is a 96 so i'm with you mate

He was a great Suzuki man and a perfect gent. He will be greatly missed. Good his family are carrying on the great work he started.
Thats also why I didn't polish the rear rim. Proud of the "BALLS" stickers. Cheesey but I think he deserves to be remembered.

Cruisecontrol
31-12-2008, 06:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by MTBEERWAH

I`m as keen as shit to get it all going, can`t stand not being able to adjust suspension, as i`m sure you now realize,it now goes around corners.

Doesn't it what. It no longer wants to push wide during faster cornering and the steering is a little quicker at slower speeds cause the forks are a bit shorter.

All in all it feels like a completely different bike, and has surprised more than a few plastic fantastics in the twisties...

KATO ZX7
01-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the nuthouse John :D

Look for CC, he's a crazy man ;) nice wheels tho......

wackyrider
02-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Welcome mate

Z Power
02-01-2009, 09:44 AM
welcome aboard mate