PDA

View Full Version : Power Commander 3 used as shift kill Question

ozkat
28-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Im trying to get my K4 1000 finished soon. Im using a MRE electric over air shifter and hopefully using a PC3 for the shift kill for the EFI rather than use the MRE ignition kill. Can anyone help me with how the wiring is set up? (im using the horn button to activate it) Also what program/software do i use in the PC3 to activate the shift kill of the EFI?
Shayne

Stocky
31-12-2008, 08:10 AM
You need the shift kill software. It comes with the sensor normally.

I'll email it to you when I get home next week if no one else can help.

The wiring .... You simply earth the pin on the end next to the 9V power wire.

I've done it before by simply moving the red wire in the supplied 9v plug to the hole next to it. When you connect the 2 wires (momentary) it'll shift.

The normal PC3 uses fuel cut and it works ok but not well. If you add the ignition module to the PC3 then it shifts with ignition kill.

BIG improvement.

Probably not worth the $$ for the ignition module but jsut for the better shifting.

If I was you mate I'd see if I could find an old Yoshi race ECU for it. You'd probably get one cheap.

They don't throw any fault codes for SET/STV etc removal, raised rev limit, no ignition retard, no top speed limiter and include a brilliant power shifter.

ozkat
31-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Stocky this is what ive done with a bit of info from others. Ill be using the quick shifter program. If you can email it to me that would be great as i cant find anywhere that i can download the quick shifter program.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/GSXR1370TURBO/Airshifter2.jpg

Doing it ths way if i set the shift kill at say 7500rpm it cant shift till then even if i accidently press the horn button, but will instantly shift above the preset rpm. Or you could set the shift kill at say 11000rpm and derpess the button before that limit and when engine revs reach the 11000rpm it will shift. release the button and depress and hold ready for the next 11000rpm shift. The later is regarded as very dubious in drag racing circles. Some even consider it auto shifting which is illegal in dragbike racing. Ill be using the lower preset rpm and shifting after that point.