PDA

View Full Version : kawasaki top triple clamp plate?

boadazofa
28-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi i am going to build a '2000' zx6r streetfighter, but need some information.

Is there a top triple clamp plate from another bike that bolts straight to a ZX6R that allows the mounting of pro tapers bars?

Or is the only way to drill the existing top plate?

Is there anyone that has done a zx6r streetfighter and has pics to share?

thanks in advance!

BANDITROD
28-12-2008, 09:34 PM
first up welcome aboard mate and the easiest way is to just drill exsisting top clamp mate and just make sure to add extra support underneath and you wont have a drama that is what everyone else around here doe's anyway

_M_
29-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Or buy an aftermarket top clamp from ABM or similar available at www.AUSFR.com.au for your specific bike, personally i drilled and supported mine (added metal underneath the clamp for extra support)

boadazofa
29-12-2008, 04:34 PM
thanks for your help guys it was most helpful! Just wondering though if i mount the clamps on myself should i position the mounts towards the back of the plate, middle or front. From looking at the aftermarket ones they seem to be mounted towards the back, is this the norm?

Hillsy
29-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Have you got one or 2 bolt clamps? Mine are 2 bolt - with a plate underneath for support (it's a ZX9, but they're not much different ;)).

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11749&SearchTerms=new,paint

Oh - and welcome aboard :D

oldskool
29-12-2008, 09:59 PM
have a look at a z750 one it may be the same but with a riser application.