PDA

View Full Version : GSXR750

gronk
20-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Hey All,

Bought Dex's Gixxer (http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12100) about 2 and a half months ago now for $1800.

wanted a cheap commuter for when I went back to work in the kind of near future (at the time i was a fulltime stay at home dad).

didn't really have any time constraints at the time of purchase, so didn't really mind if it took a bit of time to get her running and on the road. unfortunately as fate has it I got a job a few weeks later and the situation changed dramatically. All of a sudden I needed a bike like yesterday.

spent about $700 on her in an attempt to get her on the road (oil, new carby as old one was fucked, new front tyre, new brakes etc) (weasel helped me out heaps with this and I owe him big time for all his help) and Weasel got her down to a friend who was going to help me out with the whole compliance plate/blue slip issue (see linked post above for full story). unfortunately the friend basically said he didn't have time to look at it until well in to next year.

I couldn't muck around any more as I was working full time and couldn't spend the time on getting her on the road plus i had been bussing it etc to the station for a couple of months as I had no transport. So i went and lashed out on another bike to get me out of the hole and now I don't need the gixxer.

Weasel advised that I could pull the bike apart and sell her in pieces and probably end up making back the cash I have spent on her plus more, (total spend to date is $2500) and I thought this would be a good option but to be honest I don't have the time or shed space to be able to pull this off. So i asked Dex if he would buy her back for what I paid for her ($1800). He expressed interest but said he doesn't have the cash. I offered to wait until he did but haven't heard from him since.

So I thought I would put her up here and see if anyone wanted her either to put a bit of work in to her and get her on road, or to use her as parts for their own projects, or as mentioned above rip her apart and sell her for parts.

Everything is the same as the info in Dex's original ad: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12100
except for new (2nd hand) carby, new front tyre and new brakes and a few other bits and pieces.

Open to offers/thoughts/ideas.

cheers,

Josh

opindown
03-01-2009, 11:05 AM
hey gronk interested in this, where bouts you located, whats your number and i will give you a call if you still have it forsale 0432 241 363

gronk
03-01-2009, 11:43 AM
yeah mate still available im in sydney but the bike is in newey at the moment. i can bring it back to sydney though if need be.

headin off to the cricket now but will try and give you a call later today. where are you located?

-Dex-
03-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Hey mate, sorry I haven't got back to you, I've sent you an email and an explanation.

I also know someone who is interested which I wrote about in the email. Cheers,
Dex.

opindown
03-01-2009, 11:58 AM
what sorta $$$ will you take straight up for this? i will organise transport unless you know someone that will do it cheaper

opindown
03-01-2009, 04:28 PM
i just got a special spice on transport, if i get the bike before 6th to be on the truck to qld

opindown
03-01-2009, 09:40 PM
hey mate still hopeing to hear from you very soon, have a few Q for ya regarding the bike.
if i cant get it on the truck by the 6th of Jan i wont be getting it because shipping cost jumps another 300
call me 0432 241 363

opindown
04-01-2009, 09:05 PM
has anyone got a contact number for gronk?
Thanks

gronk
05-01-2009, 09:06 AM
sorry mate callin ya now