PDA

View Full Version : Jobs for the boys

CBRRRT
19-12-2008, 07:59 PM
My search for a job started with a local agency in London, they sent me this job offer this morning, would anyone in the Brisbane area put up an old Pommy ha ha.

Advertiser Leap29. Date posted 18/12/2008 19:02
Location Brisbane Contact Name Simon Duff
Position type Permanent Job id: 42545750
Salary £64637.06 - £142201.54 per annum Reference: Totaljobs/sdcm01

Thats a fucking lot of money, no wonder you blokes can afford such killer streetfighters

Construction Manager

THE CLIENT:
*My client is seeking an experienced Construction Manager. They are one of Australia leading project services and cost management consultancies to the oil and gas construction industry.
*ASX Listed.
*Global reputation for excellence in project delivery and cost management.

THE ROLE:
*Manage large projects, ensure timely completion of large, complex, oil and gas projects.
*Manage a multi disciplined team.
*Provide full turnkey solutions to numerous blue chip clients.

THE REQUIREMENTS:
*Relevant experience in a similar role, ideally with an owner or international consultancy.
*From a construction background, ideally project management.
*Management of large scale energy projects.

THE REMUNERATION:
*Lucrative package.
*Full salary sacrifice and first class benefits options.
*Work life balance.

*Please apply directly or alternatively contact Simon Duff via email sduff@leap29.com
*I can be contacted via telephone on 0011448454742929
*I am always interested in developing my professional network, my profile can be found at:
*http://www.linkedin.com/in/simonduff
*https://www.xing.com/profile/Simon_Duff2

CBRRRT

JackTar
19-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Mate if you have got the skills go for it, they are paying big bucks for people that have the required skills over here, tradies are getting fewer and fewer and a lot of people just can't be fucked working. Honestly lets face facts our PM just gave hand outs to all the useless cunts who don't work or people who don't work enough. While I am on the topic I just want to have a whine about how the harder you work in this country it seems the more you get fucked, work harder=pay more tax, work harder=no handouts from the government. Me and my missus both work full time and have kids in school and creche(which costs a fucking fortune) but it seems like other cunts are getting handed our money for doing jack shit or close to. There is a reason some people get payed less than others so Rudd you useless fuckhead please try and see that communism never worked for Russia lets not go that way.

/end rant

You can have your thread back now CBRRRT

CBRRRT
19-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Couldnt agree more matey, because my wife works more than 26 hrs a week and after me being in full time employment for 30 odd years all the cunts would give me is an extra 54 pence YES THATS PENCE on working tax credit. So basicly I get fuck all for the years I have put in, but Mr. Patell and all his paki family put in fuck all and get everything paid for them.

ITS GOOD TO BE BRITISH, if your black

Tony OW31
19-12-2008, 09:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by CBRRRT

My search for a job started with a local agency in London, they sent me this job offer this morning, would anyone in the Brisbane area put up an old Pommy ha ha.

Advertiser Leap29. Date posted 18/12/2008 19:02
Location Brisbane Contact Name Simon Duff
Position type Permanent Job id: 42545750
Salary £64637.06 - £142201.54 per annum Reference: Totaljobs/sdcm01

Thats a fucking lot of money, no wonder you blokes can afford such killer streetfighters

Construction Manager

THE CLIENT:
*My client is seeking an experienced Construction Manager. They are one of Australia leading project services and cost management consultancies to the oil and gas construction industry.
*ASX Listed.
*Global reputation for excellence in project delivery and cost management.

THE ROLE:
*Manage large projects, ensure timely completion of large, complex, oil and gas projects.
*Manage a multi disciplined team.
*Provide full turnkey solutions to numerous blue chip clients.

THE REQUIREMENTS:
*Relevant experience in a similar role, ideally with an owner or international consultancy.
*From a construction background, ideally project management.
*Management of large scale energy projects.

THE REMUNERATION:
*Lucrative package.
*Full salary sacrifice and first class benefits options.
*Work life balance.

*Please apply directly or alternatively contact Simon Duff via email sduff@leap29.com
*I can be contacted via telephone on 0011448454742929
*I am always interested in developing my professional network, my profile can be found at:
*http://www.linkedin.com/in/simonduff
*https://www.xing.com/profile/Simon_Duff2

CBRRRT

Get your arse out here, I've been here 13 yrs now, should have done it years before that. with a salary towards the top of that scale you could have a fuckin great life here. Don't even think about it, just do it.

Tony Nitrous
19-12-2008, 11:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony OW31

Get your arse out here, I've been here 13 yrs now, should have done it years before that. with a salary towards the top of that scale you could have a fuckin great life here. Don't even think about it, just do it.

Yeah, what he said...

Did 23 years in Printing in the UK, everything from stock control,
Pre-Press, Printing, Print finishing, Programatic Guillotines,
Dispatch, etc etc.

Turned up in AU and was on a better wage after 3 weeks of deciding
I like a new career. New start, Zero skill's. 5 years of Civil/Earthworks later and it just gets better.

Its quite popular to hate the UK, but it has its good and bad points.
The Pubs, History, Architecture, Aftermarket bike stuff are way better than AU,
but thats not good enough reason the live there!

boris
19-12-2008, 11:36 PM
I'd say move here cbrrrt it's the best fucking country in the world
and jacktar I got $1k per kid x2 only because I haven't taken a wage out of my business in the last 2 years that I've owned it and my wife works casual as a teachers aid like I said in another post I work at least 10 hours a day and my wife is here doing the accounts before and after her own job and paying a shitload of tax everytime I turn around so I don't feel so bad for receiving a bit of a hand out for once (and BTW the $2k we got came from the office of state revenue and it went straight back to the office of state revenue to pay some more stamp duty that my solicitor fucking forgot 2 years ago and so we have to pay another $12.8k for the privilege of him fucking up bringing a total of $40k taxes on top of the $350k we paid for our business)
END OF RANT

boris
19-12-2008, 11:38 PM
and I'm sure you're not talking about me specifically jacktar I'm just saying there are workers that have benefited from the little fucktard (Rudd) too mate

pappas
20-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Mate that is a fucking lot of money! Are you sure that's not Australian dollars rather than English pounds? I'm in construction in Sydney and I know a lot of Project/Construction managers that don't earn anywhere near the equivilant of 140,000 pounds. If you can get that sort of money here mate go for it!!

Jockney Rebel
20-12-2008, 03:01 AM
cbbbbbrrt my bro is out here and hes srting in brissy in jan on 150000 dollars ayear as a senior engineer hes been working in NZ for thelast 2yrs but says the moneys shitthere so hes comin here........ do it

JackTar
20-12-2008, 04:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by boris

and I'm sure you're not talking about me specifically jacktar I'm just saying there are workers that have benefited from the little fucktard (Rudd) too mate

I am certainly not talking about you or anyone like you I think I stated pretty clearly just who I was talking about, it just shits me that we seem to reward mediocrity and turn our noses up at people who keep the economy turning. Mate if you had to use your money for stuff like that good on you but I will tell you now that the day after that money was handed out computer game consoles and the games that are played on them doubled in sales, coincidence? I think not.

boris
20-12-2008, 04:33 PM
oh most definately a coincidence and mate I was a little anebriated when I read that and wrote that so sorry wasn't being a wank just pointing out a fact

Slain
20-12-2008, 05:51 PM
when you work harder you definatly get screwed.
i work two jobs and my second job is hardly worth doing. only reason i do it is if i sit on my arse instead of working i will spend more money. if i work a 8 hour day i walk away with just under 100 bucks cash in hand which is shithouse considering i am on $27 per hour.
then come tax time i get screwed as well and get next to nothing back cos of working the two jobs.
oh and im currently overseas which is tax free money after 90 days, however, i still have to declare it on my annual earnings so i will end up paying back some of my 'tax free' money to the government even though i wasnt in the fucking country.