PDA

View Full Version : shock to soft problem

gixer-mark.750
18-12-2008, 06:29 PM
hi what im watning to know is ive put a vfr 750 sssa on my slabside 750
and ive come to a problem the shock is to soft (at the moment im still usein the standed slaby shock )
but ive allso got a koni shock and im allso waiting for a 2004 r1 shock comein in the post what im wanting to know has anybody else run in to this same problem when doing this conversion
and what did you do to solve it
the more anwsers the better
thanks
mark
ps
will try and post pics later

chopaweeza
20-12-2008, 06:51 AM
What I've done is take the stock spring to a place that makes car leaf spring sets . Have them Rockwell test it and then have them heat treat it to a harder setting . There is a place local to me that I've used like that before and it cost me $120 to get the spring re-done. Same places can usually make a new harder spring if need be .

davio
20-12-2008, 12:01 PM
chop is right there or u could getb a heavier spring from the springworks too ,but unless ur really attached to that shock id just get another , i got my r1 shock thru ebay $120 delivered from the states , they come with full adjustabilityand only need a spacer made up for the bottom and a bit filed off the lower mount, contact oldskool he can give u the measuements for the spacer