PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC RIP

ozkat
17-12-2008, 10:08 PM
I just watched the AC/DC show on the telly. All i can say is 1973-19 February 1980 RIP. [V]

Jockney Rebel
17-12-2008, 10:35 PM
that bad eh?

ozkat
17-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah mate that bad, they are now a pop group. Im proberley being a bit harsh saying they died 19/02/80 some of the stuff that cam out in "Back in black" and "For those about to rock" was great, I belive Bon influenced those albums greatly. I have every album they have produced including the infamous "Fly on the wall" and ill proberly buy their latest album, but never play their new "Pop music" I have my own AC/DC greatest album i made myself, it goes like this...
Disc 1
Jailbreak (full version)
You Shook Me All Night Long
She's got balls
Its a long way to the top
The Jack
Live Wire
TNT
Soul Stripper
High Voltage
Can I Sit Next To You Girl
Rock 'n' Roll Singer
There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'
Big Balls
Rock & Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
Problem Child
Shoot To Thrill
Dog Eat Dog
Inject The Venom

Disc 2
Let There Be Rock
Whole Lotta Rosie
Rock & Roll Damnation
For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)
Sin City
Hells Bells
Highway To Hell
If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
Given The Dog A Bone
Back In Black
Have A Drink On Me
Baby Please Don't Go

WATEVR
17-12-2008, 11:58 PM
amen ozkat, nice selections.

i think the new stuff is softer just because lets face it they are old pricks now!!

Fight_fan
18-12-2008, 06:53 AM
Yeh I started to watch it but meh... Seem like they'v gone soft in their old age!

God
18-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Kinda difficult to think of them as "angry young rockers" when the lead singer's eldest daughter is 40 years old...

Benz
18-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Angus has got to give up the shorts, varicose veins and knobbly knees do not a "hard rocker" make..............
I heard one of their latest songs on the radio the other day, on Alice Coopers 'Ode to oldies' radio show, I knew it was them straight off, and I am ashamed to say, it was shite...

Docktor
18-12-2008, 12:50 PM
just cry into ya beers fellas. the world is screwed if accadacca cant bash out a decent song.

Cruisecontrol
18-12-2008, 04:23 PM
They should have named the new album "Mediocrity Continuum"

gixkat
18-12-2008, 06:39 PM
IMO, a steady decline since back in black,i think most radio playlists have got their finger on the pulse re ACDC, very little is played if at all, post Bon Scott.
cheers, GK.

StuNVA
18-12-2008, 07:01 PM
I went to bed half way through the album add disguised as a doco on tv last night. Mate of mine burnt me the new album, I've listed to it once in two months whilst I've listened to the Bon Scott mix I made up about 10 times since he gave the new shit to me..........shameful stuff, ACDC RIP

Jockney Rebel
18-12-2008, 10:00 PM
i have to agree theres some bands dont know when its time to give it a rest ..or at least get in some new blood ...
and they wonder why led zep wont reform?..have you seen jimmy page lately?
their day is gone these bands have left us a legacy of great music and to wreck it with sub-standard shite is an affront.
time to move over and let younger bands show us what their made of..and theres alot of good ones!!

Docktor
18-12-2008, 10:10 PM
like lady gaga yeah ?

Jockney Rebel
18-12-2008, 11:56 PM
cant say ive heard of em Doc mate but a lot of aussie music dont make it to the shores of blighty and i havent had achance to see many bands here yet
..im more into indie stuff these days ...like Muse ETC im still a Maiden nut but even their approachin their sell by date.

Fish
19-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Hard to do "angry young man" music when you're old and rollin in it. Just like Metallica they've got nothin to be pissed about anymore.

JackTar
19-12-2008, 08:45 PM
I think the problem is that we have all matured as have our tastes in music but I think they still sound the same. You can't come back after all this time and just regurgitate.