PDA

View Full Version : serious question

Jockney Rebel
14-12-2008, 08:00 PM
http://www.unitedmotorcyclecouncil.com/....
this has probably been debated on here before but i was talking to these people to day and it has me more than a little worried [especially as one of my missus clients husband is a rebel[V]...]..
thots on this[?]

papa smurf
14-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Yeah, that's pretty fucked up.
We actually have our dragbike riders association meetings at the Rebels clubhouse in Brisbane every month.
Makes you wonder of they get it off the ground in SA, how long before they try it on everywhere else.[}:)]

Jockney Rebel
14-12-2008, 09:07 PM
thats what i was thinking ..its a ludicrious bill that any sane judiciary should and would throw out ...btw arent the judiciaries of austraila given their powers by the governor of Aus? in that case they are directly linked with H. M. lizzies and the UK has definative rules regarding civil liberties ..just athot

336LJ
14-12-2008, 11:07 PM
My step dad would fucking turn in his grave over this bullshit!

so a life member who was living a normal family life for 20+ years could have still been facing criminal charges for catching up with old mates? or someone who's a mate of a mate, who is tagging along for a ride/BBQ/party etc, could be pinned as well.

I reckon this would be purely something for the media to play on, and the pollies to wank over, it would be almost impossible to police effectively. especially if it comes to "active" members (not sure of the correct terminology)
Meetings and such would just have to be alot more private, and I reckon (this is just my un educated guess) clashes with the authorities would probably be alot more violent if they had the power to fuck people over purely by association. blokes would be like... well FUCK THIS! try catch me assholes!

How many people you reckon would do a runner if the police had the power to take your bike off you and crush it(and throw you in the slammer - and have you harrassed constantly by the police for who you now are - a criminal) because you are riding with 3 other bikers... and you all happen to be wearing an ASF T shirt - OH NO A GANG!! geddem! (crazy exaggerated example btw)

Imagine what its going to be like when all you have to do is RECIEVE a phone call from someone and the plod can waltz in and fuck your life for good.

I know fuck all about this, and the inner workings of such associations. but I think I get the jist of it, my examples are retarded tho

Chris41
15-12-2008, 06:26 AM
The legislation is not acceptable in Australia and shows that they have to make up for piss poor policing and investigation.
Would they outlaw football clubs if they couldn't control a steroid problem.
BUT, the 1% bike clubs have no-one but themselves to blame no matter what front they put on, they have been sinking faster into the slime since the late 80s, leaving a lot of the good old boys behind.
Chris

15-12-2008, 06:35 AM
This is taking shit way too far, what next stop asians associating with each other in Sydney in an attempt to stop gang violence there? It's a pretty big stretch i know but in regards to what you were saying Luke about this causing more violent clashes with Police, authorities in America already discovered what can happen when you introduce overbearing legislation with their 3 strikes policy (3rd conviction for a felony offense is mandatory life imprisonment without parole in California) when suddenly cops were getting shot a lot more because the bad guys had nothing to lose. We seem to follow America in every way that has a negative impact on us hopefully just this once someone in power gets a fucking clue and we learn from there mistakes for a change

end of my 1st official asf rant

motogp_nut
15-12-2008, 07:15 AM
I clicked on the "Have your say" link, and it brings up a poem. WTF?