PDA

View Full Version : Broadford bike bonanza

gibbo
09-12-2008, 12:34 PM
http://www.ma.org.au/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Entry_Forms&Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=26683
Looks like a bit of fun. Easter weekend, celebrating historic ( pre 1985 ) bike of all types.
Home -> Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza -> Overview

The Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza: Broadford, April 11 –12 - Easter 2009

The Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza will be held over the 2009 Easter weekend at the Motorcycling Victoria (MV) State Motorcycle Complex in Broadford.

Enthusiasts of old motorcycles - both racers and non-racers - often do not limit themselves to one discipline only - they often like to dabble and with this in mind, the Museum and Heritage Committee of Motorcycling Australia has planned a ‘Woodstock’ event for enthusiasts with old and rare motorcycles that have not been seen at race events.

The Bonanza will feature two non-competitive ride days where attendees will be able to ride whichever pre-1985 machines that are brought along, including Road Bikes, Road Racers, Speedway Irons, Dirt Track Weapons, Enduro Hack, Scramble Bikes or Virtuoso Trials Mounts.

All tracks will be open at differing times on the weekend - please refer to the timetable - so now is the opportunity to find a bike to ride in a branch of the sport you might be interested in.

As well as the ability to bring your own bike and ride, MV has recently bought 44 acres of adjoining bush and a vintage Enduro event will be run on the Saturday, while a featured display and ride of Metisse Scramble machines will take place on the Sunday in the paddock near the old ‘Channel O’ area

Special ‘Star Sessions’ are scheduled throughout the weekend where invited celebrities will be performing demo laps on exotic machinery, while there will also be static displays of Honda road, race, mini and dirt bikes.

The Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza will be a family-friendly event - children under 18 are admitted free, and there is free camping and shuttle buses will be available to transport people around to the action at different tracks.

Entry Details:

Riders: $60 plus your MA licence (or a $22 event recreational licence). This includes the option to ride any suitably-styled motorcycle on the track.
Spectators: $25 per day or $40 for both days ($35 for MA members). This includes free camping, entry in to the 'Show ‘n Shine'
Children under 18 admitted free.

scotty
09-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Fark Gibbo It would take me a week to type that. Top post.

gibbo
09-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah, well my typing skills are second to none! Actuaaly I just cut and pasted from the ma site.

TurboKat
09-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Hmmmmm, what do I have in the shed that's pre '85... & running [?]

BANDITROD
09-12-2008, 04:50 PM
well it wouldnt be a kwaka if its running TK ;)

gibbo
09-12-2008, 05:08 PM
The only thing I have pre 85 is me and I don't run for nobody! Think it'd be worth going for the weekend even if only a (pissed) spectator. Could maybe set up an ASF stand?

BANDITROD
09-12-2008, 05:25 PM
could be a good idea gibbo

TurboKat
09-12-2008, 05:56 PM
What year is the Effie?

gibbo
09-12-2008, 07:41 PM
86:(, unless I can get hold of an earlier id plate[:0][8D];)
don't know where I can get one do ya[?]

gibbo
18-12-2008, 07:05 AM
Just had a phone call from Peter Drakeford, one of the organizers of this thing, say's he'd be happy to have a streetfighter display for the weekend, not a great deal of detail yet but if we are not selling stuff the site will be free, big enough to put up a shade tent and put 3 or 4 bikes inside. By the sounds of it this event is going to be huge, Peter says they are geeting heaps of interest from all corners. Sounds like a good thing!

Jockney Rebel
18-12-2008, 05:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

What year is the Effie?
.....sell me one of yer engines ...ya hoarder lol

gibbo
09-04-2009, 11:32 PM
This weekend, think I might head up saturday, who's keen?

latheboy
10-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Im thinking about it ... If we dont go away climbing ill be at this...

gibbo
11-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Went up today, it's bloody great! Vintage moto cross, scramblers, trials, speedway and bitumen. So many old skool bikes of all makes, lost count of how many HRD's, nortons, triumphs, maicos, bultacos and all the japanese (saw 6 Cbx 1000's, one with twin turbos) stuff as well. If you have nothing on tomorrow get on up there, you will love it!!!!