PDA

View Full Version : exhausts and back pressure

mjcoope
07-12-2008, 06:59 PM
hey guys i've finally put the cbr1000rr tail on my sv650, all went well, now time to put exhaust under that bad boys tail.
i was thinking about sticking two pipes out the ass of the bike but have been told so many different things about what effects this will have on the bikes back pressure, sound, power etc etc because the sv is designed to have one pipe. can i split the single pipe into two, then to each exhaust or is this stupid talk and not worth doing?? it just looks mean with two pipes out the ass!!

i was thinking about buying two vance and hines exhausts because a guy around the corner has them for 100 bucks each but there designed to be used as a single pipe, can i buy two and use them? and is there much difference between a pipe designed to be used as singles or as doubles??

so many questions!! haha is it worth it in the end? or basically am i going to loose to much for the aesthetic gains and just settle for one pipe?

thanks guys
matt

dinorider
07-12-2008, 08:38 PM
sv`s with twin pipes sound great.if your worried about backpressure try putting a reverse cone into the cans where they go onto the pipe.staintune made a can for my mates Z1R race bike with a reverse cone at this point for backpressure.

camlark
08-12-2008, 02:38 PM
the tl has two pipes standard and bonus cubes and sound the shit.
just a thought.

latheboy
08-12-2008, 03:30 PM
You could run the exhaust through 1 pipe and have the other as a dumby with a fake conection pipe ..

mjcoope
08-12-2008, 05:17 PM
im just going to do it, see how it pans out.... hopefully well..
atfer speaking to a few dude and getting different advice, making back pressure shouldn't be too hard (they think) and if worst comes to worst ill just cut one and make it a dummy haha

any recommendations on a good exhaust place in melbourne SE who can bend some pipe and make me up some flanges without costing me my first born??