PDA

View Full Version : Fixing F/I return line to tank

Benz
06-12-2008, 02:13 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/12293613926608.jpg

Guys,
Now that I've got a nice clean tank to replace the rusted out hulk on the GPz turbo, I have a situation where I have to fix the return line into the tank, seeing the good tank replacing it is from a carby bike.[thanks Chop]
My question is..........should I weld it in, or will a chemical bond be strong enough over time, seeing it will be subjected to the constant vibration/pulsing of the fuel system etc. I don't want to put heat to the tank, if I can avoid it either.
If I make a very tight fit for the barrel, and use JB weld or something similar between the overlapped steel, do you think that would be strong enough???

Jockney Rebel
06-12-2008, 02:51 PM
if if you can move the line fitting closer to the pump?hole you can put the fitting in and put a nut behind it with a couple of felt or copper washers

ozzy1100
06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
are the gpz turbos internal pump or external
i might get shot down but when i do pump lines at work (all beit heated water)
i norm just bypass back into the inlet line 2 the pump (just easier than going back to res)
so if its a external pump i would try just takeing the return after reg back 2 inlet line 2 pump
internal or just 2 do the job right my quess is 2 weld it, fuel is a bicth 2 seal with sselent and the vibs souldnt help
i have never had 2 do it so like i said i might be wrong lol people on here prob do this shit loads
if i had 2 weld it id use a tig and low amps ( ive had 2 water jackets at 40 or under on thin wall)