PDA

View Full Version : Fully Floating Discs

rod185651
03-12-2008, 08:25 PM
My mate just picked up a TRX 850, the guy he bought it from recons the disks are only a couple of thousand Km's old and they are fully floating. They have a fair bit of play. You can grab the disk and move it up, down and even side ways. A quick google search says that you can get rigid, semi floating and fully floating disks. Has any one had any experiance with fully floating disks? Is the guy for real or do they sound dodgey? He said the full set of discs cost him $900. So your thoughts?

devo
03-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Rod , Russm8 bought some discs for his Yammy race bike can't remember the brand but I do remember he had to change the rivets on them after a certain time of usage , maybe he can help.
There are some Discs that float similarly but I don't think that much.
Hope that helps ;)

TurboKat
03-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Yes Rod, I've got a set of ex Peter Jackson Yamaha Racing OW01 cast iron rotors here that do the same thing, it does seem like a lot of play (compared to std road bike semi floaters that don't move at all) but it's perfectly normal for full floaters so tell your mate not to panic.
If his bike has a set of big cams in it or is running rough, the discs will rattle at the lights - trick as fuck ;)

rod185651
04-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Devo, TK, thanks for the advice, he will be pleased he doesn't have to replace them.