PDA

View Full Version : 1100 clutch DOH

Docktor
29-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Ok, I stripped my slave cylinder down because i could. Wot i didnt figure on was my goldfish memory. Which way does the rubber o ring seal go on the slave piston ?. I looked in the book and it dont show it proper. Is the flappy bit pointing towards the piston or away from it?........................

Oki, I guessed and put it in facing back towards the clutch cover, not towards the engine... My next drama. I syringe bled it up and got a "lever feel", cracked the bleed nipple and lost all feel. pulled the master off and its happy to pump air thru the banjo bolt hole but no fluid. It will even pressurise air but no fluid comes out....... ummmm why how ??

Thanks blokes.

BANDITROD
30-11-2008, 12:49 PM
ok doc the flappy bit on seal is back to front mate pull it apart and turn it around not sure if this is definitly your prob but i am almost certian it is so give that a try and let me know how ya go

BANDITROD
30-11-2008, 04:09 PM
fixed so doc tells me

Docktor
30-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Ken oath mate, now i just gotta be superman to pull in the clutch. Might go lookin for another set of brembo masters. the fighter is light as compared to the old dinosaur now. got them pipes fixed too mate. Angle grinderised another 2 slots in each and cranked the arm wrench up to super farkin tight.

BANDITROD
30-11-2008, 06:46 PM
awsome mate glad to hear that fixed your prob